Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Abner, Sep 15, 2018.
There have been so many scandals recently that I am ready to believe almost anything about almost anyone. However, as I understand it, the accusation itself is really quite vague and the alleged victim remains anonymous. I'm not a fan of Kavanaugh but more details should be provided if this is to be taken seriously.
That's what I think
And so, here it comes
Apparently she took a polygraph which she passed with flying colors. She calls the allegations a "rape" attempt.
More - GOP Sen. Flake: Judiciary must hear from accuser:
Why did the accuser 'bleach' the internet of history?
This is the least compelling thing I've heard so far on this, since polygraphs aren't scientific: http://www.apa.org/research/action/polygraph.aspx
Trump wanted to give his employees polygraph tests to find out who wrote that op-ed.
What I'm trying to understand is how Kavanaugh went to an all-boys school, and the GOP managed to find, overnight, 65 women from his high school days who remember him. If I had to guess, they knew this was coming and had the letter and signatures prepared.
Regardless, I'm sure a serial killer could find billions of people he didn't murder.
Decimon, can you please explain what that means and how to do it? You can’t make this stuff up.
1. Judge Kavanaugh presided over a case against Christine Blasey Ford’s parents:
2. Christine Blasey Ford said that when Kavanaugh was a high schooler, he allegedly attempted to rape her – and she was not sure if he was going to kill her – but she didn’t report it to the police nor anyone else for an investigation:
3. Christine Blasey Ford says that there is a witness (or co-defendant?) from high school who has not been interviewed yet:
4. Christine Blasey Ford’s students describe her as:
* “I am honestly scared of her.”
* Having a dark personality
"This is a completely false allegation. I have never done anything like what the accuser describes — to her or to anyone," Kavanaugh said in a statement.
Apparently Dr. Ford will be testifying Monday. Should be interesting.
Witness for Christine Blasey Ford's testimony recants.
Ms. Cristina King Miranda said: "That [the attempted rape of Christine Blasey Ford] happened or not, I have no idea. I can't say that it did or didn't."
There's literally nothing to explain:
1. Reportedly Kavanaugh's mother was the judge who had foreclosure case against Blaseys dismissed. I fail to see the significance of this, except they lived in the district where that woman heard cases (rather unsurprising, because their children reportedly ended up at the same party).
2. Most teenage victims of attempted rape do not report it to authorities. Moreso 30 years ago. Meh.
4. Different Psychology teacher named Christine Ford - just click on your own link again. Your gutter source failed to factcheck and in fact doxed a completely innocent private citizen. No wonder, since these are the journalistic geniuses who think it's a good idea to write a story where the sole source is RateMyProfessor.com
"Recants" - but still says she heard contemporaneous third-party accounts. Which is exactly what she said in the first place. I can rather sympathise with her lack of desire to go through the media circus.
So the accuser is Statistics expert who teaches in the joint PAU/Stanford PsyD program. And the accused is nominated by Donald J. Trump, noted judge of character. Interesting.
N. B. I do not know whether this happened or not, but I think it should be looked at. On general principle, all Trump nominations should fail, one reason being the active Russia investigation, and another can be summarized in two words: "Merrick" and "Garland".
The first thing to look at would be the letter from Blasey Ford. So far there is just a redacted version and Sen. Feinstein won't forward to Sen. Grassley the letter in full.
Apparently negotiations are underway in regards to having Dr. Testify next week.
All of four of Christine Blasey Ford's alleged witnesses deny her claim(s) that Judge Kavanaugh sexually abused her. And now, Ford's last alleged witness, Ms. Leland Ingham Keyser, says: "I do not know Mr. Kavanaugh and I have no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with or without, Dr. Christine Blasey Ford."
Separate names with a comma.