European global university accreditation

Discussion in 'Accreditation Discussions (RA, DETC, state approva' started by Othman, Dec 21, 2019.

  1. Othman

    Othman New Member

    I am a graduate of an Arabic university in Jordan with a major in Pharmacy
    I was contacted by the European Global University in France
    Is this university ( European Global University in France) recognized?
    What will I gain from this process?
    Is it beneficial for me if I apply to work in Europe?
  2. Kizmet

    Kizmet Moderator Staff Member

    I would like to suggest that if you don't already know the answer to this question then you are about to be ripped off.
  3. tadj

    tadj Active Member

    On their Facebook profile, European Global School - University (Paris) has stated that it is "delighted to announce that our degrees are equivalent to regionally accredited degrees from the United States of America." They've even put up the FCE, Inc. logo. A Foreign Credential Evaluations, Inc. (part of AICE) representative saw the facebook post. This was the response in the comment section:

    "Foreign Credential Evaluations, Inc. does not endorse EGS transcripts and/or degrees as equivalent to U.S. regionally accredited degrees. Furthermore, the FCE trademark is copyrighted and has been used without permission. Please disregard the above post made by EGS."

  4. mbwa shenzi

    mbwa shenzi Active Member

    "The acknowledgement certificate of your former education, also called as validation of studies and degrees, recognition of educational documents, or "Certificate of Nostrification" is the proof that your previous studies are equal to degrees issued by European Global School, France", see

    Basically, EGS will, if you pay 800 Euros, send you a document that certifies that your previous degree is equivalent to a degree awarded by EGS. For an additional USD 1,175 you can have it legalized as well.
  5. Othman

    Othman New Member

    Many Thanks :emoji_rose:
  6. Kizmet

    Kizmet Moderator Staff Member

    On the other hand, if you send 500 Euros to me, I will send you a document that certifies that your previous degree is equivalent to a degree awarded by Harvard University. I promise. I really will.
  7. Lerner

    Lerner Well-Known Member

    I'm far from being an expert on French education, I did read that persons with degrees from French private education colleges have problems of recognition of the degrees outside France.
    Unless some of the private universities - schools have accreditation/approval of a major university and the French Ministry of education.
    I'm told that some private schools based on the law of Decret du 25 janvier 1876 - Article L. 731-2, L. 731-3 et L. 731-4 sous le numero E 13-09" are unaccredited when compared to the US or EU
    standards. They don't award national standard diplomas usually award their own format degrees. What is EGU exact status I don't know? Do they have a B&M campus?

    27 Avenue de l Opera, 75001 PARIS, France. The Paris Opéra Centre is located on an avenue running from the Louvre to the city's historic opera house, Opera Garnier.
    The centre has 100 offices as well as its own restaurant and coffee bar. The building is protected by 24-hour CCTV coverage. There are good public transport links with metro and suburban train stations a short walk away.
  8. mbwa shenzi

    mbwa shenzi Active Member

    I don’t know about campus, but there’s brick and mortar at least at 7 Rue Lauriston.
  9. heirophant

    heirophant Well-Known Member,+75116+Paris,+France/@48.8720834,2.2927988,3a,75y,132.6h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sLn1Sfho5Ykypm9gGjuY2zA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192!4m5!3m4!1s0x47e66fee849ac681:0x25fbfd31f51e6205!8m2!3d48.8720168!4d2.2929456

    There may be more than one 7 Rue Lauriston in Paris. The same address comes up with several different postal codes. This is what is at one of them. It looks to my eye like an apartment building with a cafe and a plumbers in the storefronts below. Nice neighborhood though.
  10. heirophant

    heirophant Well-Known Member

    Hi, Othman. Welcome to the board.

    I'm an American, not a European. But my impression is that all the European nations, certainly all of the EU ones, are signatories of the Lisbon Convention and parts of the so-called the "European Higher Education Area". This is designed to facilitate recognition of educational credentials from individual countries in all of the members. To facilitate that, each member country has created an official 'National Academic Recognition Information Centre' (NARIC) office. These typically serve as credential evaluators for people with degrees from all over the world who want to emigrate to, work or study in the particular European country whose NARIC office it is.

    Different European countries have different procedures. By all accounts Germany is very hard-nosed about which foreign degrees they will officially recognize, while a few of the other countries are more relaxed. And these NARIC evaluations can often just serve as recommendations for non-official purposes since employers in many cases still have the freedom hire whoever they choose.

    The NARIC office in whatever country you want to work in is who you need to be directing your inquiries at. Not European Global University. Each country's NARIC office should provide their services to you for free or for a small administrative fee. In the case of the UK, direct your inquiries here:

    Here's how much it costs and prices.aspx

    Each European country has a similar office that you can find with an internet search.

    If you intend to practice as a pharmacist, then there will be additional pharmacy licensing requirements as well. You will have to investigate those for yourself and contact the appropriate pharmacy licensing office. This office will almost certainly require an official NARIC equivalency report.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  11. mbwa shenzi

    mbwa shenzi Active Member

    That's the one, postal code 75116, see
  12. Lerner

    Lerner Well-Known Member

    7 rue Lauriston 75116 Paris France +33 1 45 00 91 89 A superb Italian restaurant! Absolutely fantastic food and service and a great gastronomical experience overall. ...

    I guess the question is if this is just an office there or a real campus with classes, professors and students in that location?
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  13. msganti

    msganti Active Member

    I am offering 10% end-of-year discount over Kizmet's quote ;)
  14. Kizmet

    Kizmet Moderator Staff Member

    OMG! A price war!
  15. Garp

    Garp Active Member

    Is the FCE foreign credential evaluator this one? Been some "interesting" entities associated with them. Web site sets off flags.

    If I recall correctly, US foreign credential evaluators should be associated with NACES.
    Johann likes this.
  16. Johann

    Johann Well-Known Member

    (1) Indeed. The search-thingy will likely reveal quite a few old threads mentioning this outfit.
    (2) Yes, to be recognized, a U.S. evaluator should be a NACES member. Back in the day, AACRAO also used to be a recognized evaluator. However, I believe that fine organization decided to end their evaluation service a few years ago and concentrate on core business.
  17. tadj

    tadj Active Member

    From what I understand, AICE also has broad recognition as a U.S. credential evaluation body.


    Also, the various states set their own standards;
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  18. Johann

    Johann Well-Known Member

    Turns out the answer is "no" Garp. You can put the insecticide away. Turns out it's the legit FCE, one of the AICE-member firms mentioned by tadj.

    Very interesting, tadj. I had never heard of AICE before.
    Garp likes this.
  19. Garp

    Garp Active Member

    Interesting. Okay, I will put the can of Raid away.
  20. DLfan

    DLfan New Member

    in the past, the French VAE can also grant degrees, look at the European International University, nowadays looks it is easier to get license from the french authority.

Share This Page