How do you turn down an offer for good after you told them you've accepted another offer and they ask if you will consider a counteroffer? As of now, I told the dean I would think about it over the weekend and get back to her. However, I thought about it long and hard, and I will not second guess my initial decision. So how do I tell her on Monday that it's still a no and I do not want to negotiate? I feel bad because she was happy when I said I would think about it on the weekend. I decided to go with the TT position over the NTT faculty/program director position I mentioned in a previous post. It's funny because I was also declining the TT position, and they asked me to reconsider. So, I did! Although they haven't yet approved the negotiated salary and credit towards tenure in writing, which we discussed, I would still be happier with this position.