What is a degree in Language Arts?

Discussion in 'Education, Teaching and related degrees' started by Pelican, Dec 20, 2013.

  1. Pelican

    Pelican Member

    I read some state teaching license requirements and some states require that teachers who want to teach Secondary Language Arts classes should have an undergraduate degree in Language Arts. At universities, I don't generally see the term "Language Arts" to describe undergraduate majors though. Is "English" a "Language Arts" degree? "Applied Linguistics"? "Creative Writing"? Are there other names for this?
  2. Kizmet

    Kizmet Moderator Staff Member

  3. AnnyIngram

    AnnyIngram member

    English is also counted for the degree language for the arts. Any secondary level teachers are having a degree of B.ed. It's the common requirement.
  4. Matthew Ver

    Matthew Ver New Member

    It feel amazing when we are about to gain complete knowledge regarding some language and that is what takes us to the next level in terms of communicating which makes sense a lot.
    Plus there is a section that reacts when you don't not really know how to speak so yeah.

Share This Page