V-shaped recovery, GDP 33.1%. This is the best economic recovery in history. Trump

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Lerner, Oct 29, 2020.

Loading...
  1. Lerner

    Lerner Well-Known Member

    The U.S. economy grew at a record pace in the third quarter, it only happened because of the things Trump put in place.
    This is not automatic. It is not something that was going to happen anyway.
    When the economy is solid, we can survive a massive unknown hit like this thing by the corona virus.
    Business reopening fueled a vigorous rebound.

    A friend of mine was let go of his job, because of corona virus affects on the company he worked for.
    He just got 3 job offers.
    3 FT and one W2. He accepted one of them and soon will be employed again.
    Unemployment #' also are to the levels of pre-Covid 19 of March 2020.
    We have over 17 million jobs created in 3.8 years. The 17 million jobs in 3.8 years includes the jobs created pre-pandemic in the Trump economy.
    [​IMG]
     
  2. SteveFoerster

    SteveFoerster Resident Gadfly Staff Member

    All together now: " The president ♪ does not ♫ control the economy.... ♫ ♬ "
     
    Mac Juli, Johann and Maniac Craniac like this.
  3. Johann

    Johann Well-Known Member

    Here in Canada, we used to get notices of our sales tax rebates and other Federal benefits from "The Harper Government." Prime Minister Stephen Harper's Conservative Government was eventually obliged to cease using benefit notices as free ads. And rightly so.
     
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  4. Maniac Craniac

    Maniac Craniac Moderator Staff Member

    What policies, exactly? And what, exactly has grown?

    GDP doesn't represent growth so much as it represents aggregate activity. Given that the quarter started with stricter shut downs than it ended with and given the massive amount of government spending (which is included in GDP) to handle all the various social and political complications the pandemic has caused, I don't think this 33% increase is telling us much of anything.

    Meanwhile, millions more have become unemployed, millions of the temporarily unemployed have become permanently unemployed and small businesses are dropping like flies while a few already huge corporations are taking even bigger market shares.

    Not that I'm anti-corporation, but I AM anti-monopoly, anti-barriers-to-entry and pro-small-business.
     
  5. Lerner

    Lerner Well-Known Member

    Policies set by the President and his admin have an effect on economy growth.
    Also if lets say Dem's will go with like Australia lock down for 111 days, its obvious this will negatively affect the economy and the jobs.
    I think the lock-downs may postpone the virus spread, once they are lifted infections resume.

    Over regulation and taxation hurt economy, this is also set by the government.
    Lets say Biden will hurt oil industry fracking, this will have an effect on the economy and also if tax cuts put in place by Trump reversed this will hurt the economy .
    International trade deals make impact on the economy and much more.

    Controlling economy is hard as you get something like pandemic, but affecting economy is what we see.

    Thanks President Trump!
     
  6. Lerner

    Lerner Well-Known Member

    The Covid 19 related lock downs indeed hurt the economy but if you look at unemployment #'s we are back to the level of March 2020 pre-lock downs.
    The economy is on the rise. People who put their money on it are telling this.
    Not just politicians.
    But there is always room for improvement.
    I think if President Trump re elected the unemployment situation will improve significantly.
    But if you elect Biden, you can expect the opposite.
    It will start by lock-down for 111 days of the whole country.
    Bankrupting the businesses.
     
  7. Bill Huffman

    Bill Huffman Well-Known Member

    According to https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/ we're not seeing any tightening in the race. Trump has an 11% chance to win versus Biden's 89% chance to win. According to the calendar there's not much time left for an October surprise. Only five days until election day. Over a third of registered voters in this country have already cast their vote. That's over 75 million votes cast. It is not looking very good for the most dishonest worst lying President we've ever been cursed with in the USA. If he does lose the election the big question is will he be able to get out of the country before he's arrested?

    (Okay, that last sentence was supposed to be funny, but with more than a sliver of truth to it.)
     
  8. Lerner

    Lerner Well-Known Member

    Time will show, maybe you 2016 will repeat. We will see if the Dem's learned anything from 2016 loss.
    You just repeating fake left media mantra,
    But it will be what it will be.
    We may have to wait another week or so till after the upcoming Nov 3th do know or not?
    People didn’t vote last time; they’re voting Trump. Autoworkers, Oil industry workers, just name it are voting for Trump.
    You believing own polls just like did four years ago. Dem's believing this is over. They’re believing that it’s gonna pretty much be a Biden landslide, and then they go out and they talk to people in Michigan. “Whoa, you’ve got 90,000 autoworkers who didn’t even vote in the presidential election last time.” Who do you think is telling her they’re gonna vote Trump? It’s these people.

    Time will show.
     
  9. Johann

    Johann Well-Known Member

    I'm pretty sure the Proud Boys will have a plane ready, somewhere secluded and remote. They won't let him down. :rolleyes:
     
  10. Lerner

    Lerner Well-Known Member

    First of all he will be in the office as a president till Jan 20 of 2024.
    But if indeed Biden wins than till Jan 20 or 21 of 2021.
    After that, you will find him enjoying good life and most likely in Florida on a golf court in west Palm Beach.
     
  11. Bill Huffman

    Bill Huffman Well-Known Member

    Those racists really need to stick together. They're becoming a smaller and smaller minority.
     
  12. Johann

    Johann Well-Known Member

    Are they really? I hope you're right, Bill. Can't say I really noticed that. But --- we live in hopes. Mine is for a minority of zero.
     
  13. Lerner

    Lerner Well-Known Member

    Some become minority and other racists become majority.
    Same lady with different colored dress.
     
  14. Bill Huffman

    Bill Huffman Well-Known Member

    Polling for racism is notoriously difficult. So, we can't really use polling but if you look at the USA from the historical perspective, there are key milestones like slavery to a black President in 2008. Young people are less racist than my generation and my generation is less racist than my parent's generation, I believe. On the other hand it can be reasonably argued that the Obama presidency and then the Trump presidency has caused a resurgence of racism. Even so, I believe looking at it from a historical perspective that racism is becoming less prevalent. I would love to see zero but doubt it is very likely in even a hundred years. :(
     
  15. Johann

    Johann Well-Known Member

    You have very good points there, Bill. And over the last fifty years - there's definitely been change; not, as I see it, enough. I read earlier this evening that some time in the 50s three quarters of white Americans polled did not approve of mixed-race marriages. That (the book said) went down to just under 50% by the late 60s. Reading this I was amazed at how high they were even then. - I never knew it was a majority opinion! Old attitudes do die eventually - but it often takes a couple of centuries. What worries me is new young racists. There seem to be so many different groups. Some times, I think it's never gonna be right....
     
  16. Johann

    Johann Well-Known Member

    George Wallace, 1963 - "I say . . . segregation today . . . segregation tomorrow . . . segregation forever."
    Donald Trump, 2015 - "A total ban on Muslim immigration."

    And I'm not saying it's so freakin' great here - it's not, despite sincere well-intentioned efforts by our PM and his party. (And PLEASE don't bring up Jody Wilson-Raybould. Trudeau would have fired anyone in that position who wouldn't "play ball" in the SNC Lavalin thing - First Nations or other, male or female. And that would have been equally wrong, as I see it. Not a racially-influenced matter, though.)

    But we try - most of us.
     
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  17. SpoonyNix

    SpoonyNix Member

    Racist card. Every time. :confused:
     
  18. Bill Huffman

    Bill Huffman Well-Known Member

    :confused:The one line stereotype. Every time.:cool:
     
  19. Lerner

    Lerner Well-Known Member

    Islam is interesting strong religion, the only loyalty is to Allah, the whole earth belongs to Allah.
    So when you have Muslims live in any country, its their must to convert the country to Islam, and establish submission to Allah - Sharia law.



     
  20. Bill Huffman

    Bill Huffman Well-Known Member

    A minority of Muslims believe that Sharia law should apply to non-Muslims even in Islam dominated countries.
     
    Maniac Craniac likes this.

Share This Page