PhD english

Discussion in 'General Distance Learning Discussions' started by muhammad_alhor, May 9, 2005.

  1. muhammad_alhor

    muhammad_alhor New Member

    Dear All,

    A friend of mine is willing to complete her PhD in one of the following area through distance learning (no residency, or one short residence):

    1. PhD comparative literature.
    2. PhD applied linguistics.

    Thank you in advance

    Kind Regards
  2. muhammad_alhor

    muhammad_alhor New Member

  3. adireynolds

    adireynolds New Member


    IIRC, there are very, very few/no Ph.D. programs in the U.S. in these fields; she'd need to look into UK-based programs. Off of the top of my head, I think Aston, U of Leicester, and U of Reading has them, at least in Applied Linguistics.

  4. JLV

    JLV Active Member

    You may try uned in spain. You can do it probably in english but it is originally thought for spanish speakers. Cheap but demanding, and it includes a couple of residences.

    The course descriptions

    Their research areas
  5. muhammad_alhor

    muhammad_alhor New Member

    Thank u all for ur valuable replies
  6. BruceP

    BruceP Member

    There is a PhD program in Literature and Criticism at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania.This program is intended for teachers and it is delivered to students during summer residencies.
  7. Ted Heiks

    Ted Heiks Moderator and Distinguished Senior Member Staff Member

Share This Page