DL Masters in Physical Therapy ?

Discussion in 'Nursing and medical-related degrees' started by xygirl, Aug 11, 2006.

  1. xygirl

    xygirl New Member

    Hi fellows,

    I would really like a Masters Degree in anything like Physical Therapy. I'm completing a Bachelor's degree in psychology, because online, it's the only one my interest goes to.

    2concerns I have:
    first: what are possibilities of jobs with just a Bachelor in psychology?
    Second: If I would like to enter a Masters program, what more would be required, I realize I'll need extra courses in biology, physics, those types. So, could I take those somewhere at any university? But then, living overseas, I'd seriously doubt if I can ever enter a Masters program online.

    Any options out there for me with DL?

    It's hard when you would like some direction in life and with living abroad, having to change plans.

  2. Ted Heiks

    Ted Heiks Moderator and Distinguished Senior Member

    Yes, you can get a master's in physical therapy online. Yes, you can pick up your additional undergrad requirements in biology, physics, etc., online. No, your bachelor's in psychology isn't totally useless in the job market, though becoming a psychologist will require a doctorate in most states (and the master's will suffice in a few states ... wish the good Rev. Dr. Jimmy Clifton were still here ... he'd know more ... he can be PMed over at degreeboard or degreediscussion); it is, for example, possible to get a position as a social worker with a bachelor's in psychology. No, being overseas isn't going to preclude you from getting into an online degree.


    University of Dundee www.dundee.ac.uk (BG15, 136)
    Flinders University www.flinders.edu.au (BG15, 159)
    Keele University www.keele.ac.uk (BG15, 118)
    University of Melbourne www.unimelb.edu.au (BG15, 140)
    University of Otago www.otago.ac.nz (BG15, 143)
    University of Saint Augustine for Health Sciences www.usa.edu (BG15, 179)
  3. tmartca

    tmartca New Member

  4. Ted Heiks

    Ted Heiks Moderator and Distinguished Senior Member

    Individual dl classes in phys here: http://forums.degreeinfo.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23394
  5. Ted Heiks

    Ted Heiks Moderator and Distinguished Senior Member

    Colorado Community Colleges Online www.ccconline.org has a dl bio w/ lab course.
  6. Jeremy

    Jeremy Member

    physical therapy

    I looked into distance learning for physical therapy last year. In thr USA there is a limited residency at university of saint augustine (www.usa.edu I think) this is a flex program requiring on campus visits leading to a DPT degree not a masters.

    There are a few AS programs in physocal therapy assistant programs but they also require on site labs.

    The previously mentioned MS programs I think are designed for already educated physical therapists with a BS.

    My data is a year old so please update if there has been changes.
  7. xygirl

    xygirl New Member

    I really believe too that some courses must be taken on site and I hope to be in the states for a little bit to do that. However, not being a resident there for more than a year is very expensive in tuition.
    I really still doubt if I should be ok with a bachelor in psychology, or if I better change it. But my bachelor's degree has to be online....It's hard for those lab classes...
    If I have a psychology degree, I'll need much more additional classes to enter a Physical program.
    I wish it wasn't so hard to get a medical degree while not living in the States....:)

Share This Page