CCU question

Discussion in 'General Distance Learning Discussions' started by Ric L, Aug 5, 2006.

  1. Ric L

    Ric L New Member

    I noticed that California Coast University, a DETC accredited school, offers a Master of Education Degree. Will schools (high school, middle school or elementary) accept an education degree that is earned from a Nationally Accredited school? If it is not accepted, what type of utility does this degree have?

    Does anyone in this forum have an education degree that is Nationally Accredited?

  2. pugbelly

    pugbelly New Member

    It's going to depend on the state. Maryland, where I live, does not accept any type of national accreditation for their teachers credential requirement. In fact, if you have a RA undergarduate degree but you don't have a teaching certificate, you may apply for one but they analize your transcripts to make sure that all credits in your regionally accredited BA were actually earned at RA schools. In other words, if your BA has 120 total credits in it but 12 were transferred in from a NA school, Maryland recognizes 108 credits and does NOT allow you to test for the teachers certificate.

  3. Ted Heiks

    Ted Heiks Moderator and Distinguished Senior Member

    Perhaps one could use a DETC MEd from Cal Coast or Taft to get into some easy to get into some easy to get into RA EdD program like the University of Phoenix or Northcentral University or maybe even a DETC EdD program like Harrison Middleton University, formerly known as the College for the Humanities and Sciences. ;)
  4. pugbelly

    pugbelly New Member

    One could perhaps teach in private schools with the DETC degree, or at least religious-exempt private schools.


Share This Page