RA Colleges accepting NA Degree to enter Master of Arts Degree Program Online

Discussion in 'General Distance Learning Discussions' started by proracer, Aug 4, 2012.

  1. proracer

    proracer Member

    I am looking for an Arts College/University that will accept my NA BS Degree from California Coast University.

    My interest is to complete a Masters in Art online.

    Thanks, Jim
  2. Delta

    Delta Active Member

    Are you looking for a Master of Arts (M.A.) degree or a fine arts degree with an emphasis in Art? I heard that Northcentral University has accepted NA accredited graduates in the past. They offer a Master of Arts online but the field of study is Psychology.
    Online University, Online Degrees & Online Graduate Degrees | Northcentral University
  3. me again

    me again Well-Known Member

    They quit accepting NA/DETC degrees after they achieved RA status. Did APUS also quit accepting NA/DETC degrees?
  4. rebel100

    rebel100 New Member

    Yeah...I would try APU/AMU
  5. Randell1234

    Randell1234 Moderator Staff Member

    I thought there was a recent thread that said APU stopped accepting NA credits. There is someone on here that got into NYIT or NYU or something like that with a BS from CCU. I would not just go by the info on the website. Schools are willing to be open more then you think. Contact your targets school and see what they say regardless of the website listing for admissions.
  6. rebel100

    rebel100 New Member

    I understand AMU/APU gave up their NA, but I haven't heard they have stopped accepting NA credits/degrees....may well happen though.
  7. dhs320

    dhs320 New Member

    American Military University, Wilmington University, Capella, Walden, as well as Kaplan University all accept NA degrees for their Masters programs. National University also does on a case by case basis. I'm sure there are others if you look.
  8. major56

    major56 Active Member

    Liberty University
    Western Governors University

    I'm sure there are others ...
  9. Anthony Pina

    Anthony Pina Active Member

    Sullivan U. will consider applicants with NA degrees.
  10. Garp

    Garp Active Member

    I believe Regents University http://www.regent.edu accepts nationally accredited degrees as meeting entrance requirements.
  11. SteveFoerster

    SteveFoerster Resident Gadfly Staff Member

  12. scottae316

    scottae316 New Member

    To your or anyones knowledge, is acceptance high of NA degrees from schools that are HETA members?
  13. JBjunior

    JBjunior Active Member

    In theory yes, in practice, who knows.
  14. major56

    major56 Active Member

    Per Regent University Registrar Website (transfer policy):
    Accepted Accreditations

    ABHE Association for Biblical Higher Education
    ACE American Council on Education
    MSA Middle States Association
    NCA North Central Association
    NEASC New England Association of Schools and Colleges
    NWACS Northwest Association of Colleges and Schools
    NWCC Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
    SACS Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
    TRACS Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools
    WASC Western Association of Schools and Colleges
    Regent University - Registrar's Office - Undergraduate Transfer Credit

    Accredited work—“To be approved for transfer, credits must have been taken from a regionally accredited institution or one approved by the Regent school in which the student is enrolled.”
  15. FJD

    FJD Member

    Glad to see WilmU getting some burn on degreeinfo. Tells me they're doing a good job reaching out to the non-traditional student in a way I wish other Delaware schools were (here's looking at you, UD!).

Share This Page