Question for licensed Social Workers

Discussion in 'Nursing and medical-related degrees' started by armywife, May 3, 2010.

  1. armywife

    armywife New Member

    I work with someone who has an LBSW with a Sociology degree. When I asked her how she has the LBSW with a Sociology dgree, she told me that a long time ago the Social Work Board had a credential called a Social Worker Associate for people who had degrees in something other than social work but worked in the field. Then they decided to do away with the SWA license and for those that had it, they grandfathered them in and gave them a LBSW. I have never heard of this before. Anyone else heard of this?

Share This Page