Ph. D. Physical Education?? HELP!

Discussion in 'Nursing and medical-related degrees' started by wendylanee, Sep 6, 2001.

  1. wendylanee

    wendylanee New Member

    PLEASE HELP! Does anyone here know of any schools that offer a doctorate program in physical education or related fields online? I have searched and searched and had absolutely NO luck!
  2. Bill Highsmith

    Bill Highsmith New Member

    I'm not sure what constitutes a related field exactly, but:

    Doctor of Sport Mgmt, SACS-accredited

    You'll have to figure this one out, but it does refer to a Ph.D. in Phys. Ed. via DL, perhaps in Romania. Look for "Doctor's degree: Doctorate in Physical Education and Sports: 4 years - daily courses/ 4 to 6 years - distance learning" under Dean Carstea:

    Actually, backing up in this link reveals a motherload of information about East and Central European education: . You may find others in there under the science category.
  3. John Bear

    John Bear Senior Member

    I note from the subject index to the 14th edition of Bears' Guide that there are non-resident ones in Australia at Edith Cowan U and U of Melbourne. And it may well be possible to design your own program at the short-residency Union Institute.

    John Bear
  4. Does it have to be physical education? There are Ed.D. and Ph.D. programs in more general areas. For example, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln has Ph. D. and Ed. D. programs in Administration, Curriculum and Instruction (ACI) with specialization in Educational Leadership and Higher Education.

    Kristin Evenson Hirst

Share This Page