Enrolled Agent Credit

Discussion in 'CLEP, DANTES, and Other Exams for Credit' started by Bob Fiske, Feb 19, 2020.

  1. Bob Fiske

    Bob Fiske Member

    I'm a beginning tax preparer with an eyeball on the EA exam. Is there college credit to be had for passing it? Thank you.
  2. Vonnegut

    Vonnegut Well-Known Member

    Have you tried contacting the National Association of Enrolled Agents? There number is 202-822-6232. If ACE or a particular college, was granting credit for passing the exam, it would likely be listed here. This is certainly outside of my specialty, but I didn't see anything from a quick Google search. It also appears that a number of schools are listed as being IRS Approved Continuing Education Partners, and have Enrolled Agent exam prep courses. Which would lead me to believe that the examinations body of knowledge, may not align well enough for a particular college course. I imagine it also wouldn't necessarily be an ideal lead generator for a particular college, to offer a free course credit. Good luck with your preparations for the exam and career! I'd recommend calling the number above, if anyone is offering credit, they would likely know.
  3. Neuhaus

    Neuhaus Well-Known Member

    Without ACE or NCCRS approval, probably not in a broad sense.

    Though I would not be surprised if it bought a few credits in tax accounting at one of the Big Three through a portfolio evaluation. They will grant credit for a number of certifications and many which are far less rigorous than the EA exam.
  4. Bob Fiske

    Bob Fiske Member

    Thank you both. I will certainly pursue your suggestions.

Share This Page