Does a Spanish "Experto Universitario" transfer as an Associates

Discussion in 'General Distance Learning Discussions' started by elcastor21, Sep 7, 2023.

  1. elcastor21

    elcastor21 New Member

    Have seen so many ads and sites with Spanish "Experto Universitario"(University Expert), which roughly in Latin America would be a Technical degree, some of these programs are actually Masters programs that you can apply without a bachelor's but would not give the Master title on the diploma because of that, while most others are Undergraduate course groups of around 90-120 ECTS.

    And other thing, does someone know if they do transfer to a UK degree top-up?

    Very thanks in advance
    MaceWindu likes this.
  2. Rachel83az

    Rachel83az Well-Known Member

    You would need to have them evaluated in order to find out whether they're counted as Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's degrees in the US. They'd need to not be propio, for one thing.
  3. SteveFoerster

    SteveFoerster Resident Gadfly Staff Member

    I'm not sure we've seen that to be entirely true.
  4. Messdiener

    Messdiener Active Member

    Great question. I've been wondering the same about the Diplomado as well as the Especialista. Depending on the country, they seem to have different meanings and levels, and I have yet to figure out which nations count which academic awards or degrees in which way.

    If anyone knows an easy guide...
  5. Rachel83az

    Rachel83az Well-Known Member

    For ENEB, their propio degrees have mostly been counted as RA-equivalent credit or certificates, but not actual Master's degrees. Because they're propio. It might be slightly different for universities offering own degrees vs. a commercial institution doing so, but I'd want a government-approved degree if I was hoping to have it be evaluated as worth anything in the US.
  6. elcastor21

    elcastor21 New Member

    Great, as I was planning on transfering Experto Certificates into TESU
  7. SteveFoerster

    SteveFoerster Resident Gadfly Staff Member

    So far. But WES Canada does for that country, and we don't know what many of the members of NACES would say because they haven't been asked (as far as I know). Given how varied the evaluations have been that we have seen, I think it's premature to conclude that none of the remaining US-based services would evaluate them as RA-equivalent (or whatever they call it now).

    So would I, and nothing I'm saying here means that I think that ENEB programs are a wise choice for people whose use cases include government recognition.
  8. RFValve

    RFValve Well-Known Member

    The UK top degree program is very flexible. It does not have to be necessarily an official degree. I completed a top up degree in Financial management with diplomas earned from the association of international accountants that were not official but they have some recognition in the UK as an accredited accounting body. There are similar diplomas for MBAs. I think it would be cheaper to get a UK diplomas that would fit the top up degree rather than taking chances with ENEB degrees. Mine from the AIA cost me less than 1000 dlls but I needed to take exams.

    For the US is tricky. In general, propio Spanish degrees do not come with transcripts but the actual diploma is the transcript. As few evaluation services understand this, it can be hard to evaluate credits as many expect the university to send the transcript to them for evaluation purposes.
    ECE (NACES), understands very well propio Spanish degrees so they only need a copy of the diploma with the QR code for validation purposes.
    In the case of ENEB, it is really the Isabel degree that counts for something and not the ENEB diploma. The Isabel degree comes with QR codes so they can be used for evaluation purpose

    I believe Excelsior accepts ECE evaluations. The problem is general ed credits, the ENEB degrees can be OK to fill credits that are upper level but you would need at least 30 credits of general ed.
    Getting cheap credits is not an issue. If you want to be safe, just go to and find all the credits that you need for a degree. You can fill credits with pennfoster college that is DEAC accredited.

    Take into consideration that is you go with the ENEB route, because these are ECTS credits and are professional, it will not be so easy to fit them in a bachelors degree from the big 3 and also there is a lot of expenses getting these credits evaluated from ECE.


Share This Page