Choices for good future jobs.

Discussion in 'General Distance Learning Discussions' started by xygirl, Sep 22, 2006.

  1. xygirl

    xygirl New Member

    I've been learning so much through reading this form, thanks to all of you!!!! :)
    I'm getting to a point where I really want a clear goal in my mind.
    I don't live in the states, so I need to be able to study online courses for the most part. Hopefully, one day, I can get there for the required courses I may need on site.

    Here's my question:
    I would like to know some choices I can put my mind to as far as a good Master's degree goes and that will give me much job opportunities with good salaries, all over the world.
    My interest goes to anything medical, however, nothing administration or marketing or business.
    My very first thought of Physical therapy will not do, because every time I would move, I'd have to get certified again.
    Thoughts I'm having are (although I don't know enough about it):
    Rehabilitation Counseling or Radiologist.
    I would like some speciality and be with people.

    Well, I really hope you can help me with choices and routes I can take.

    Thank you for your effort.
  2. fortiterinre

    fortiterinre New Member

    Virtually all allied health fields, especially at the master's degree level, are licensed by every state. If you want to work in the medical arena, then juggling multiple credentials, certificates and licenses if you move is the price you pay.

    The good news is that in terms of international health work, American degrees are very well received.
  3. xygirl

    xygirl New Member

    Thank you

    Hi there,
    Is there anything in particular that you meant by allied or international health?
    Do you mean that it would still be ok for me to pursue a physical therapy-degree? Even moving away from the states?
    mmm, interesting, cause I gave my hopes up on those dreams.
  4. fortiterinre

    fortiterinre New Member

    "Allied health" is just a catch-all term for anything in professional medicine that is not an actual physician. But I would be shocked at any country that would not recognize an American RA physical therapy master's degree. If you are a physical therapist in the USA, it should be possible to become a physical therapist virtually anywhere else.

Share This Page