Canadians teaching for DL universities

Discussion in 'Online & DL Teaching' started by PHDHunter, Mar 27, 2008.

  1. PHDHunter

    PHDHunter New Member

    I was wondering if VISA's are required for a Canadian to teach virtual in a DL US university.

  2. RFValve

    RFValve Well-Known Member

    I'm a Canadian that have taught at several DL US Universities. There is no need for visa but your options are limited since most schools require a US SIN number to give you a contract.
    However, DL courses at US schools pay a lot lower than Canadian schools so it is not very attractive for a Canadian to teach online but for the experience (It used to be higher due to the difference in exchange rate). To give you an idea, a local community college at a Canadian school pays around 5 to 7K per courses while an online course pays around 1.5K at it takes about the same effort.

Share This Page