The Accreditation of The Management Institute of Canada

Discussion in 'General Distance Learning Discussions' started by kosobeng, Apr 5, 2009.

1. kosobeng

kosobeng New Member

Can you help me i need information about the accreditation of The Management Institute of Canada www.micanada.org/mba - I want to start my online MBA program with them.

Kosobeng
    BA- Cambridge Internationl College.

2. Kizmet

Kizmet Moderator

It is my understanding that in Canada accreditation falls to the government of the province. In this case it's Quebec. Beyond that, qui sait?

3. kozen

kozen Member

MIC claims to have full accreditation from IADL, but this accrediting agency is not recognized by USDOE or CHEA and it's not even a legitimate accrediting agency in Canada.

IACBE is a recognized business accrediting agency, but membership from them is not equivalent as accreditation.

In MIC website, it states that MIC does not issue their own degrees and certificates and all degrees confer will be from its partners in US and Europe. IAU located in California is MIC partner which is not an accredited University. IAU is only a State approved Univesity which BPPVE in the State of California no longer exists.

Just my 2 cents, i am sure other senior members will be able to chip in more.

If i am you, i will avoid this MIC...

4. emmzee

emmzee New Member

5. Kizmet

Kizmet Moderator

6. RFValve

RFValve Well-Known Member

Sorry to say that they are not accredited in Canada. For accredited institutions in Canada, please check http://www.aucc.ca/.

The Management Institute of Canada is in Montreal Quebec, Quebec is a province where anyone can open a school as long as you don't claim to be a University. Their "Minister of "l'Emploi et de la solidaritee sociale" accreditation is not really a recognized accreditation but just a registration that has no requirement but to fill up a form and pay some fees.

There are quite a few schools operating in the area that grant worthless diplomas but they are still in business because of the ignorance of international students.

Walk away as fast as you can and look for accredited MBAs in Canada. Few DL programs worth looking at are:

Athabasca MBA
    Royal Roads MBA
    Universite de Laval
    Queens MBA

7. kosobeng

kosobeng New Member

Very Gratfull

am very gratfull for the insight about MIC. thanks alot to u all.

Kosobeng
    BA-Cambridge International College

8. raristud

raristud Member

"Cambridge International College may not, by law, confer a British Degree. It can issue all the certificates and diplomas it wants, but a degree would be an offence. It does not use the word "degree" anywhere to describe the "Baccalaureate in Logistics Administration," but the postnominals BA and BLA DO appear on the web-page. That's pretty close to the edge, as I see it!

Baccalaureus is Latin for Bachelor (in the academic sense) but when discussing European education, baccalaureate in English and baccalauréat in French CAN be used to signify a level of attainment below a university degree. (I'm presuming Cambridge International College might rely on this usage as a defence, if ever challenged on the use of the word.)

To answer your other question, Cambridge International College has a .co domain precisely because it is NOT a school authorized to award degrees. You can verify their lack of degree authorization by going to this link. It lists ALL the British schools authorized to award degrees and has a pretty terse explanation of what can happen if an unauthorized school tries it!"

http://www.degreeboard.com/forums/Non-Member-Questions-f70/please-advise-on-this-college-t40956/

9. raristud

raristud Member