Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by japhy4529, Apr 6, 2012.
I like this quotation, really right!!
"A falsehood ceases to be a falsehood if no-one expects the truth to be told". - Sir Henry Taylor
A woman uses her intelligence to find reasons to support her intuition.
Gilbert K. Chesterton
Action is the real measure of intelligence.
All intelligent thoughts have already been thought; what is necessary is only to try to think them again.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Always be smarter than the people who hire you.
An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself.
Let me share the comment I love
The Man in the Arena
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Will Rogers, who died in a plane crash with Wylie Post in 1935, was probably the greatest political sage this country has ever known. Enjoy the following:
1. Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco.
2. Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
3. There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman...neither works.
4. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
5. Always drink upstream from the herd.
6. If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
7. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it and put it back in your pocket.
8. There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
9. Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
10. If you're riding' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.
11. Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.
12. After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
Ha!!!!!!! I love this. Smart man.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
Separate names with a comma.