Fast Track to Master of Science

Discussion in 'General Distance Learning Discussions' started by proracer, Jan 18, 2009.

  1. proracer

    proracer Member

    Are there any DL Universities that will allow you to start their MS programs early?

    I am interested in administration or management.

    DL is a must because of work responsibilities.

    School/Degree must be acceptable to US Government.

    I will complete my BSBA in May 2009.

    Thanks, Jim
  2. -kevin-

    -kevin- Resident Redneck


    Do you mean you want to start before you complete your BSBA or before fall semester?
  3. proracer

    proracer Member

    I would like to start before I finish the BS degree.


    TEKMAN Semper Fi!

    Aspen University used to allow student to enroll into the Master program without a Bachelor degree, but require 15 years experiences. The Northerncentral University allows student to get into their Master program, but must have a least 120 credits without a Bachelor. The Charles Sturt University Australia allowes student into the Master program w/o a Bachelor degree, but require certain years experience in the field. You have to check out the schools, these offers might change.
  5. Ian Anderson

    Ian Anderson Active Member

    Many schools will let you take courses prior to official enrollment as an open university student. I did this for both my masters to see if I could handle the work.

    With a DETC degree your enrolling in a RA masters program might be difficult.
  6. Abner

    Abner Well-Known Member

    It sounds like NCU would work for you as long as you have a total of 120 credit/units. NCU does take NA transfer credits.

    If you want to go with a NA MS, Aspen may be something to look at:


    P.S. Good job on the B.S.! :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2009
  7. TCord1964

    TCord1964 New Member

    APU/AMU will take a NA undergrad. Of course, APU/AMU are RA/NA. Other schools that accept an NA undergrad:

    Salve Regina
    University of Phoenix
    Walden University
    Cappella University
    Bellevue University
    Argosy University
    Western Governors University
    Charleston Southern University
    Liberty University
    Missouri Southern State University
    Lesley University

    You get the idea. Some colleges will not accept a DETC undergrad. Some will. You just have to ask or check their policies. I found the above list with about 5 minutes of Googling.
  8. proracer

    proracer Member

    Thank you, I will look into the suggested schools.....

  9. soupbone

    soupbone Active Member

    I have never heard of this until now. So there are some places that with the proper documented work experience in the same field will allow you to enter a master's program? This seems odd but I actually understand why. If you don't have at least a bachelor's level worth of knowledge after 15 years of the same field then something is wrong. I wonder what programs are offered? I imagine it would be limited.
  10. japhy4529

    japhy4529 House Bassist

    Aspen discontinued this program back in April 2007. I was actually accepted into a MS in Information Technology program with Aspen University without a Bachelors degree. I did however have the requisite 15 years of experience. I believe that DETC changed their policy, which prompted Aspen to change their policy.

    This practice of accepting students into a graduate program without an undergrad degree is quite common outside of the U.S. Many schools in the UK and Australia allow this (although it is certainly not done across the board).

    Interestingly enough, Harvard University will allow students to take any of their Extension courses for undergrad or graduate credit, however, I don't believe that one may graduate with an ALM from Harvard without first completing a Bachelors. Jennifer (Cookderosa) might be able to confirm this.

Share This Page