WAOE *NOT* a bogus accreditor

Discussion in 'General Distance Learning Discussions' started by George Brown, Aug 18, 2005.

1. George Brown

George Brown Active Member

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, I just want to clarify a statement that appears in the latest AACRAO release on St Regis located at http://www.aacrao.org/transcript/index.cfm?fuseaction=show_view&doc_id=2817

The World Association for Online Education (WAOE) is not and has never claimed to be an accrediting agency. It a group of individuals interested and involved in online education, who pay fees to be members. I used to be a member, and it is an entirely legitimate organisation. I have been in constant contact with the President, assisting him in the ongoing problem of removing the WAOE logo from many institutions claiming to be members and claiming some form of endorsement from the WAOE.

I am sure AACRAO will update the article soon, and remove this statement. And, this just shows how difficult the problem is becoming. WAUC, WAOE etc etc. and the ease of cutting and pasting graphics online. Who does one trust?

Cheers,

George