+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 24

Thread: Psalm 109.8

  1. #1
    John Bear is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The bluest city in the bluest state
    Posts
    6,209

    Psalm 109.8

    A Bible verse I can enthusiastically endorse, with regard to Mr. Trump

    --John Bear, in St. Oran's chapel
    on the Isle of Iona, Scotland

  2. #2
    jhp
    jhp is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    616
    So, you want Mr. Mike Pence as president; or, would you prefer Mr. Paul Ryan? Orrin Hatch? Rex Tillerson?

    Because those are the ones next in line.

    You will never be satisfied here on earth.

  3. #3
    me again is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,804
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bear View Post
    A Bible verse I can enthusiastically endorse, with regard to Mr. Trump

    --John Bear, in St. Oran's chapel
    on the Isle of Iona, Scotland
    Dr. Bear, thank you for sharing that. Can you also enthusiastically confess or endorse Romans 10:9-10?
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...10&version=RSV
    MA, Franciscan University of Steubenville, Theology: in-progress online
    Info: http://www.franciscan.edu/academics/graduate-programs/
    Favorite scriptures: Rev. 11:15 & Luke 24:45

    LET'S DO THIS! https://www.facebook.com/TrumpForPresident2020/

  4. #4
    Stanislav is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,217
    Quote Originally Posted by me again View Post
    Dr. Bear, thank you for sharing that. Can you also enthusiastically confess or endorse Romans 10:9-10?
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...10&version=RSV
    Is this an appropriate question in Politics forum?

    Anticipating your next move: yes, I personally believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the only-begotten, begotten of the Father before all ages; Light of Light; true God of true God; begotten, not made; of one essence with the Father, by whom all things were made. You know how it goes.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stanislav
    BS, MS (Applied Maths, Nat'l Technical U. of Ukraine)
    PhD (Computer Science, Florida State University)
    Certificate in Community College Teaching, CSU-DH
    Online faculty workshops (Meritus University, Humber College, Yorkville University)
    LLB(Hons) Open Learning, Northumbria U. - pursuing

  5. #5
    heirophant is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bear View Post
    A Bible verse I can enthusiastically endorse, with regard to Mr. Trump

    --John Bear, in St. Oran's chapel
    on the Isle of Iona, Scotland
    Even the devil can quote scripture.

    8 Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

    The meaning of 'days be few' is clarified in the next verse:

    9 Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.

    So it isn't just about Trump leaving office prematurely. It's about you wanting him dead.

    I'm curious why you started this thread. We all know that you are personally a lefty and that you hate Trump. Are you just wanking off? Or is quoting an out-of-context Bible verse suggesting that you want President Trump to die intended to win Trump supporters over to your cause (whatever it is)? If you intended your post to be persuasive, you need to rethink your strategy.

    Psalm 109 in its entirety seems to be the words of a very bitter man.

    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...09&version=KJV
    Last edited by heirophant; 09-21-2017 at 09:48 AM.

  6. #6
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,610
    Quote Originally Posted by jhp View Post
    So, you want Mr. Mike Pence as president; or, would you prefer Mr. Paul Ryan? Orrin Hatch? Rex Tillerson?

    Because those are the ones next in line.

    You will never be satisfied here on earth.
    As much as I don't like Pence, he would be a better president than Trump. At least he acts presidential, not like nutjob Trump, twitter in chief.
    XVI.8: Confucius said, "There are three things of which the superior man stand in awe. He stands in awe of the ordinances of Heaven. He stands in awe of great men. He stands in awe of the words of the sages. The mean man does not know the ordinances of Heaven, and consequently does not stand in awe of them. He is disrespectful to great men. He makes sport of the words of the sages."

  7. #7
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,610
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bear View Post
    A Bible verse I can enthusiastically endorse, with regard to Mr. Trump

    --John Bear, in St. Oran's chapel
    on the Isle of Iona, Scotland
    Cool, you are in Scotland! I wish I was there.
    XVI.8: Confucius said, "There are three things of which the superior man stand in awe. He stands in awe of the ordinances of Heaven. He stands in awe of great men. He stands in awe of the words of the sages. The mean man does not know the ordinances of Heaven, and consequently does not stand in awe of them. He is disrespectful to great men. He makes sport of the words of the sages."

  8. Advertisement

  9. #8
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,610
    Quote Originally Posted by heirophant View Post
    Even the devil can quote scripture.

    8 Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

    The meaning of 'days be few' is clarified in the next verse:

    9 Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.

    So it isn't just about Trump leaving office prematurely. It's about you wanting him dead.

    I'm curious why you started this thread. We all know that you are personally a lefty and that you hate Trump. Are you just wanking off? Or is quoting an out-of-context Bible verse suggesting that you want President Trump to die intended to win Trump supporters over to your cause (whatever it is)? If you intended your post to be persuasive, you need to rethink your strategy.

    Psalm 109 in its entirety seems to be the words of a very bitter man.

    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...09&version=KJV
    I think you are being over dramatic. Plus, I don't think Dr. Bear would waste his time hating a dirt bag like Trump. You righties sure love to throw buzz words around like "hating Trump". Dios mio!
    Last edited by Abner; 09-21-2017 at 11:35 AM.
    XVI.8: Confucius said, "There are three things of which the superior man stand in awe. He stands in awe of the ordinances of Heaven. He stands in awe of great men. He stands in awe of the words of the sages. The mean man does not know the ordinances of Heaven, and consequently does not stand in awe of them. He is disrespectful to great men. He makes sport of the words of the sages."

  10. #9
    SteveFoerster is offline Resident Gadfly
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia & Dominica, West Indies
    Posts
    10,893
    Abner, even I have to say that that would have had been more effective if you hadn't called Trump a "dirt bag" in the middle of it!
    BS, Info Sys concentration, Charter Oak State College
    MA in Educational Tech, George Washington University
    PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
    More at http://stevefoerster.com

  11. #10
    Steve Levicoff is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in a Truck
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFoerster View Post
    Abner, even I have to say that that would have had been more effective if you hadn't called Trump a "dirt bag" in the middle of it!
    Perhaps it would have been more effective to equate Trump with a Hoover (as in vacuum cleaner). Then at least you'd have the punchline, "They both suck."

    (Ba-da-bum!)

  12. #11
    Maniac Craniac is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    punoɹɐ ƃuıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ
    Posts
    6,148
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Levicoff View Post
    Perhaps it would have been more effective to equate Trump with a Hoover (as in vacuum cleaner). Then at least you'd have the punchline, "They both suck."

    (Ba-da-bum!)
    While we're at it,
    BA, Social Sciences ---- The University Formerly Known As Thomas Edison State College

    "If you aren't going to use your heart, then what's the difference if it gets broken?"

    - Kevin McCallister (portrayed by Macaulay Culkin), Home Alone 2: Lost In New York

  13. #12
    Stanislav is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,217
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFoerster View Post
    Abner, even I have to say that that would have had been more effective if you hadn't called Trump a "dirt bag" in the middle of it!
    Actually, in keeping with the little nicknames tradition Trump started, there should be one for him. And "Dirtbag Don" night not be most imaginative, but is not half bad. Alternatively, you can pick one from this list:

    Here’s everything Samantha Bee has called Donald Trump.

    I like "tangerine tinted trash can fire". Or just overlook these fine options and go with my early favourite, Агент Апельсин.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stanislav
    BS, MS (Applied Maths, Nat'l Technical U. of Ukraine)
    PhD (Computer Science, Florida State University)
    Certificate in Community College Teaching, CSU-DH
    Online faculty workshops (Meritus University, Humber College, Yorkville University)
    LLB(Hons) Open Learning, Northumbria U. - pursuing

  14. #13
    Ted Heiks is offline Moderator and Distinguished Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ottawa County, Ohio
    Posts
    13,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Levicoff View Post
    Perhaps it would have been more effective to equate Trump with a Hoover.
    And here I thought you meat the guy that did too little too late about the Great Depression.
    Theo the Educated Derelict
    BA, History/Political Science, Western State College of Colorado, 1984
    MBA, Entrepreneurship, City University of Seattle, 1992
    MBA, Marketing, City University of Seattle, 1993

    Politics is made from two words: "poly" meaning "many" and "ticks" meaning "blood-sucking insects."

  15. #14
    jhp
    jhp is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Abner View Post
    As much as I don't like Pence, he would be a better president than Trump. At least he acts presidential, not like nutjob Trump, twitter in chief.
    XVI.8: Confucius said, "There are three things of which the superior man stand in awe. He stands in awe of the ordinances of Heaven. He stands in awe of great men. He stands in awe of the words of the sages. The mean man does not know the ordinances of Heaven, and consequently does not stand in awe of them. He is disrespectful to great men. He makes sport of the words of the sages."
    By your own words... He became the POTUS, one in 7.442 billion; no matter how much you despise the man.

    (awe: a feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear or wonder)

  16. Advertisement

  17. #15
    Bruce is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    9,537
    As Oscar Wilde said, there are only two tragedies in life; the first is not getting what you want. The second is getting it.

    I chuckle at my liberal friends who want to impeach Trump, not that it will ever happen in a million years, but if they think they're going to like President Mike Pence, they're in for the shock of their lives.
    --
    Bruce Tait
    A.S. (Criminal Justice) Quincy College
    B.A. (Criminal Justice) Curry College
    M.A. (Criminal Justice) University of Massachusetts-Lowell
    M.A. (Forensic & Counseling Psychology) Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology
    Certificate (Investigative Psychology) CUNY-John Jay College of Criminal Justice

    MOOC's
    Certificate (Disability Awareness and Support in Higher Education) University of Pittsburgh
    Certificate (International Criminal Law) Case Western Reserve University
    Certificate (Psychology of Criminal Justice) University of Queensland
    Certificate (Classical Sociological Theory) University of Amsterdam



    RA Criminal Justice Degrees by Distance Learning - Updated 3/16/08

    NA Criminal Justice Degrees by Distance Learning - Updated 3/20/08

  18. #16
    Stanislav is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    As Oscar Wilde said, there are only two tragedies in life; the first is not getting what you want. The second is getting it.

    I chuckle at my liberal friends who want to impeach Trump, not that it will ever happen in a million years, but if they think they're going to like President Mike Pence, they're in for the shock of their lives.
    Where did you get an impression they like Pence? If I were in their shoes, I'd be willing to suppress my gag reflex for the sake of the country, as Mike Pence is at least not insane. Plus, chances that President Pence will be re-elected in 2020 are essentially 0.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stanislav
    BS, MS (Applied Maths, Nat'l Technical U. of Ukraine)
    PhD (Computer Science, Florida State University)
    Certificate in Community College Teaching, CSU-DH
    Online faculty workshops (Meritus University, Humber College, Yorkville University)
    LLB(Hons) Open Learning, Northumbria U. - pursuing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15