+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 43

Thread: Healthcare

  1. #1
    Kizmet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    between the devil and the deep blue sea
    Posts
    15,150

    Healthcare

    American College of Sports Medicine

  2. #2
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet View Post
    Not going so well.

  3. #3
    03310151 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,988
    We'll have single payer upon the next Democratic administration anyway, and all will be glorious.
    “Suffering you need; literature is baloney.”

  4. #4
    Stanislav is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,210
    Must... resist... acting... like... a smug... Canadian...




    Whew... that's better.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stanislav
    BS, MS (Applied Maths, Nat'l Technical U. of Ukraine)
    PhD (Computer Science, Florida State University)
    Certificate in Community College Teaching, CSU-DH
    Online faculty workshops (Meritus University, Humber College, Yorkville University)
    LLB(Hons) Open Learning, Northumbria U. - pursuing

  5. #5
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,606

    New GOP health care bill could allow cheaper plans with fewer benefits


  6. #6
    Kizmet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    between the devil and the deep blue sea
    Posts
    15,150
    American College of Sports Medicine

  7. #7
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,544
    The plan is dead; long live the plan. Oh, wait - there is no plan. Quick, someone make a plan...

    If this were about something trivial, it would be funny. In a country of over 320 million people, it's awful. Hell, in a country of 3 million people it'd be awful.

    J.
    Last edited by Johann; 07-18-2017 at 02:30 PM.

  8. Advertisement

  9. #8
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,606
    More:

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-re...125827491.html

    32 million would be left off the insurance rolls - CBO

  10. #9
    Kizmet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    between the devil and the deep blue sea
    Posts
    15,150
    Conservatives are "plotting revenge" for failed healthcare repeal. Democrats not worried since these are the same people who plotted repeal for the last 7 years.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.465f9b81fb7f
    American College of Sports Medicine

  11. #10
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,606
    [QUOTE=Kizmet;507359]Conservatives are "plotting revenge" for failed healthcare repeal. Democrats not worried since these are the same people who plotted repeal for the last 7 years.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.465f9b81fb7f[/QUOTE

    Cancel post-

  12. #11
    Stanislav is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    The plan is dead; long live the plan. Oh, wait - there is no plan. Quick, someone make a plan...

    If this were about something trivial, it would be funny. In a country of over 320 million people, it's awful. Hell, in a country of 3 million people it'd be awful.

    J.
    People justifiably make fun of the Democrat's proposed slogan: "I mean, look at the other guys". Yet, it is absolutely true.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stanislav
    BS, MS (Applied Maths, Nat'l Technical U. of Ukraine)
    PhD (Computer Science, Florida State University)
    Certificate in Community College Teaching, CSU-DH
    Online faculty workshops (Meritus University, Humber College, Yorkville University)
    LLB(Hons) Open Learning, Northumbria U. - pursuing

  13. #12
    03310151 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet View Post
    Conservatives are "plotting revenge" for failed healthcare repeal. Democrats not worried since these are the same people who plotted repeal for the last 7 years.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.465f9b81fb7f
    Plotting revenge? Revenge?

    How about healthcare? No we need revenge. Ugh.
    “Suffering you need; literature is baloney.”

  14. #13
    Stanislav is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,210
    Quote Originally Posted by 03310151 View Post
    Plotting revenge? Revenge?

    How about healthcare? No we need revenge. Ugh.
    I am with you on this. Also, I'm still trying to fight the urge of saying something smug about the superiority of Canadian Medicare. I feel like the guy bitten by a werewolf trying to fight the transformation. Must... resist...


    P. S. You know what helps? Reminding myself that USA had elected Barack Obama President, whereas the only Canadian PM who was not a white male is Kim Campbell, on interim basis for literally 3 months. Women and minorities only had meaningless Governor General position. (my smug Canadian side reminds that we do have a woman as the Head of State - Queen Elizabeth II. That is even more meaningless though, and normally Canadians are embarrassed by this fact.)
    Last edited by Stanislav; 07-20-2017 at 12:50 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stanislav
    BS, MS (Applied Maths, Nat'l Technical U. of Ukraine)
    PhD (Computer Science, Florida State University)
    Certificate in Community College Teaching, CSU-DH
    Online faculty workshops (Meritus University, Humber College, Yorkville University)
    LLB(Hons) Open Learning, Northumbria U. - pursuing

  15. #14
    Kizmet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    between the devil and the deep blue sea
    Posts
    15,150
    American College of Sports Medicine

  16. Advertisement

  17. #15
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav
    I'm still trying to fight the urge of saying something smug about the superiority of Canadian Medicare. I feel like the guy bitten by a werewolf trying to fight the transformation. Must... resist...
    Then let me do it for you, Stanislav. BTW - I checked with the Ministry of Health - and treatment for werewolf bites is covered. Including rabies shots, I believe.

    I've remarked on Canadian healthcare a couple of times in the past. Sometimes I get two full barrels of good ol' American snark; other times I get something mild like "Go away, Johann! We have healthcare in America. Right... just call me when it's FREE and UNIVERSAL!

    I read horror-stories (that often aren't meant as such) from the US daily. I was reading a business article, about a 73-year-old man who created a successful part-time occupation, that netted him a steady $1,100 to $1,200 a month. He used that ENTIRE AMOUNT to pay his health-care premiums.
    $1,100+ premium for a pensioner? That's barbaric!

    Here's something I've only ever told one person who posts here: A couple of years back, I suddenly needed open-heart surgery. Fine job. I was back on my feet in a few days and A-1 shape ever since. I take my meds, watch what I eat and get exercise regularly. The entire cost of that operation and my hospital stay ($70,000 +?) was picked up by our health system. No premiums. No deductibles, no exclusions, no $18 aspirins. I wasn't even required to stop at the billing office on my way out!

    Sick/recovering people have enough to worry about, without money concerns.

    J.
    Last edited by Johann; 07-23-2017 at 10:05 AM.

  18. #16
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Then let me do it for you, Stanislav. BTW - I checked with the Ministry of Health - and treatment for werewolf bites is covered. Including rabies shots, I believe.

    I've remarked on Canadian healthcare a couple of times in the past. Sometimes I get two full barrels of good ol' American snark; other times I get something mild like "Go away, Johann! We have healthcare in America. Right... just call me when it's FREE and UNIVERSAL!

    I read horror-stories (that often aren't meant as such) from the US daily. I was reading a business article, about a 73-year-old man who created a successful part-time occupation, that netted him a steady $1,100 to $1,200 a month. He used that ENTIRE AMOUNT to pay his health-care premiums.
    $1,100+ premium for a pensioner? That's barbaric!

    Here's something I've only ever told one person who posts here: A couple of years back, I suddenly needed open-heart surgery. Fine job. I was back on my feet in a few days and A-1 shape ever since. I take my meds, watch what I eat and get exercise regularly. The entire cost of that operation and my hospital stay ($70,000 +?) was picked up by our health system. No premiums. No deductibles, no exclusions, no $18 aspirins. I wasn't even required to stop at the billing office on my way out!

    Sick/recovering people have enough to worry about, without money concerns.

    J.
    Geez! That put's us to shame! I retired from the government after 26 years, and I get full coverage for free my wife and me. Not everybody is so lucky. Plus, I get a lifetime pension.
    Last edited by Abner; 07-23-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Healthcare Insurance
    By Bruboy in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 07:51 AM
  2. Nationalized Healthcare?
    By mattbrent in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 01:31 AM
  3. MBA Healthcare RA schools?
    By coming_home in forum Nursing and medical-related degrees
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 08:44 AM
  4. MBA in HealthCare
    By stock in forum Nursing and medical-related degrees
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2006, 09:42 AM
  5. Healthcare Certificates
    By Dono in forum Nursing and medical-related degrees
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15