+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 34
  1. #1
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,610

    Trump voters to President: Stop Twitter rants

    Tweet tweet tweet!

    Trump supporters watch his Twitter feed for unfiltered thoughts - CNNPolitics.com

    "In some situations, that's an excellent thing because he's able to get the word out very quickly and perhaps get reactions and responses back," said Wood. "But at the same time, it creates a possibility of engaging your mouth before you've engaged your brain."

    "I think he rants and raves. He doesn't think about it," said McCommons, who said his opinion of Trump has changed for the worse, in large part because of his tweeting. "I think he can do a lot better things with his time."

    No wonder his approval ratings are down to 35. I suspect they may even dip down to 30 if can keeps up his bizarre behavior.

  2. #2
    Bruce is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    9,537
    Because CNN is such a valid and respected news source.

    That means that Trump should go full steam ahead with his Tweets; when the opposition tries to discredit something you're doing, then redouble your efforts, because it's working brilliantly.
    --
    Bruce Tait
    A.S. (Criminal Justice) Quincy College
    B.A. (Criminal Justice) Curry College
    M.A. (Criminal Justice) University of Massachusetts-Lowell
    M.A. (Forensic & Counseling Psychology) Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology
    Certificate (Investigative Psychology) CUNY-John Jay College of Criminal Justice

    MOOC's
    Certificate (Disability Awareness and Support in Higher Education) University of Pittsburgh
    Certificate (International Criminal Law) Case Western Reserve University
    Certificate (Psychology of Criminal Justice) University of Queensland
    Certificate (Classical Sociological Theory) University of Amsterdam



    RA Criminal Justice Degrees by Distance Learning - Updated 3/16/08

    NA Criminal Justice Degrees by Distance Learning - Updated 3/20/08

  3. #3
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Because CNN is such a valid and respected news source.

    That means that Trump should go full steam ahead with his Tweets; when the opposition tries to discredit something you're doing, then redouble your efforts, because it's working brilliantly.
    Yes brother Bruce, he should continue tweeting and continue to lose credibility.

  4. #4
    SteveFoerster is offline Resident Gadfly
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia & Dominica, West Indies
    Posts
    10,893
    Bruce is right, you know. One of the effects when a news medium becomes openly hostile to an administration (or embracing of it) is that one can never take anything they say about it at face value.
    BS, Info Sys concentration, Charter Oak State College
    MA in Educational Tech, George Washington University
    PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
    More at http://stevefoerster.com

  5. #5
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,610
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFoerster View Post
    Bruce is right, you know. One of the effects when a news medium becomes openly hostile to an administration (or embracing of it) is that one can never take anything they say about it at face value.
    Like I said, he should continue to tweet his conspiracy theories.

  6. #6
    Bruce is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    9,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Abner View Post
    Yes brother Bruce, he should continue tweeting and continue to lose credibility.
    With who, CNN and the people who are going hate him even if he cures cancer?

    CNN and the rest of the mainstream media are incensed because Trump has marginalized them. He doesn't need them to get his message out to the American people, and there's absolutely nothing they can do about it.

    What are they going to do, boycott news coverage of President of the United States?
    --
    Bruce Tait
    A.S. (Criminal Justice) Quincy College
    B.A. (Criminal Justice) Curry College
    M.A. (Criminal Justice) University of Massachusetts-Lowell
    M.A. (Forensic & Counseling Psychology) Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology
    Certificate (Investigative Psychology) CUNY-John Jay College of Criminal Justice

    MOOC's
    Certificate (Disability Awareness and Support in Higher Education) University of Pittsburgh
    Certificate (International Criminal Law) Case Western Reserve University
    Certificate (Psychology of Criminal Justice) University of Queensland
    Certificate (Classical Sociological Theory) University of Amsterdam



    RA Criminal Justice Degrees by Distance Learning - Updated 3/16/08

    NA Criminal Justice Degrees by Distance Learning - Updated 3/20/08

  7. #7
    decimon is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post

    CNN and the rest of the mainstream media are incensed because Trump has marginalized them.

    The passage of time has marginalized them. Disruptive technology has. Now anyone is the press if wishing to be, just as was intended here in this U S of A.

  8. Advertisement

  9. #8
    SteveFoerster is offline Resident Gadfly
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia & Dominica, West Indies
    Posts
    10,893
    Quote Originally Posted by decimon View Post
    The passage of time has marginalized them. Disruptive technology has. Now anyone is the press if wishing to be, just as was intended here in this U S of A.
    Well, except now that we've run that scenario we've found out what we get are a lot of nutjobs and BS artists, whether Infowars or Occupy Democrats or what have you. So critical deconstruction of media reports is as important as ever, whether mainstream or independent.
    BS, Info Sys concentration, Charter Oak State College
    MA in Educational Tech, George Washington University
    PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
    More at http://stevefoerster.com

  10. #9
    me again is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Abner View Post
    Yes brother Bruce, he should continue tweeting and continue to lose credibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    With who, CNN and the people who are going hate him, even if he cures cancer?

    CNN and the rest of the mainstream media are incensed because Trump has marginalized them.

    He doesn't need them to get his message out to the American people, and there's absolutely nothing they can do about it.

    What are they going to do, boycott news coverage of President of the United States?
    CNN, MSNBC and the leftist mainstream media are clearly partisan. They don't even hide it anymore. That's why Fox News and other alternative medias and internet sources have become more popular than the leftist mainstream media. The divide continues to widen.

    A conservative used to say that "liberalism is a mental health disease." In retrospect, and after seeing the antics of the leftist mainstream media, it appears, indeed, that that conservative is correct when he says that "liberals who are advocating socialism are mentally ill." The socialists/communists are completely out-of-touch with financial and economic reality.
    MA, Franciscan University of Steubenville, Theology: in-progress online
    Info: http://www.franciscan.edu/academics/graduate-programs/
    Favorite scriptures: Rev. 11:15 & Luke 24:45

    LET'S DO THIS! https://www.facebook.com/TrumpForPresident2020/

  11. #10
    me again is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,804
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFoerster View Post
    Well, except now that we've run that scenario we've found out what we get are a lot of nutjobs and BS artists, whether Infowars or Occupy Democrats or what have you. So critical deconstruction of media reports is as important as ever, whether mainstream or independent.
    SteveFoerster, nutjobs (your term) on MSNBC and CNN are occasionally interesting to tune-in to. Chuck Todd and Charles Manson are both interesting to watch, but only for short durations. They are both intense, but not necessarily in a good way.
    MA, Franciscan University of Steubenville, Theology: in-progress online
    Info: http://www.franciscan.edu/academics/graduate-programs/
    Favorite scriptures: Rev. 11:15 & Luke 24:45

    LET'S DO THIS! https://www.facebook.com/TrumpForPresident2020/

  12. #11
    Kizmet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    between the devil and the deep blue sea
    Posts
    15,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    With who, CNN and the people who are going hate him even if he cures cancer?
    we love charts and graphs

    Gallup Daily: Trump Job Approval | Gallup
    American College of Sports Medicine

  13. #12
    me again is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,804

    Lightbulb 7 years + 9 months remaining of the Donald Trump presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet View Post
    ALL of the polls indicated that Ms. Hillary Rodham Clinton would trounce Mr. Donald Trump in the presidential election. And all of the polls and MSM articles continually presented it as a "case closed" issue. And post-election, the dubious polls and MSM articles are continuing, which lends zero credibility to the leftist MSM agenda, which is DOA.
    MA, Franciscan University of Steubenville, Theology: in-progress online
    Info: http://www.franciscan.edu/academics/graduate-programs/
    Favorite scriptures: Rev. 11:15 & Luke 24:45

    LET'S DO THIS! https://www.facebook.com/TrumpForPresident2020/

  14. #13
    SteveFoerster is offline Resident Gadfly
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia & Dominica, West Indies
    Posts
    10,893
    Quote Originally Posted by me again View Post
    CNN, MSNBC and the leftist mainstream media are clearly partisan. They don't even hide it anymore. That's why Fox News and other alternative medias and internet sources have become more popular than the leftist mainstream media. The divide continues to widen.
    You say that like Fox News is any more respectable. But as we recently saw on this very forum with their ridiculous hit piece about UMT, that's clearly not so.

    A conservative used to say that "liberalism is a mental health disease." In retrospect, and after seeing the antics of the leftist mainstream media, it appears, indeed, that that conservative is correct when he says that "liberals who are advocating socialism are mentally ill." The socialists/communists are completely out-of-touch with financial and economic reality.
    Yes, there are conservatives who like to say that, and there there neurologists who have pointed out that conservatives tend to have larger amygdalae than average, suggesting disproportionate reaction to fear. But specious public diagnoses of those with whom we disagree is one of the least helpful aspects of political discourse these days, so perhaps it's best to skip them.
    BS, Info Sys concentration, Charter Oak State College
    MA in Educational Tech, George Washington University
    PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
    More at http://stevefoerster.com

  15. #14
    SteveFoerster is offline Resident Gadfly
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia & Dominica, West Indies
    Posts
    10,893
    Quote Originally Posted by me again View Post
    ALL of the polls indicated that Ms. Hillary Rodham Clinton would trounce Mr. Donald Trump in the presidential election. And all of the polls and MSM articles continually presented it as a "case closed" issue. And post-election, the dubious polls and MSM articles are continuing, which lends zero credibility to the leftist MSM agenda, which is DOA.
    That's actually fair, and the same was the case with Brexit. Polls can no longer be trusted. Whether that's because of bias or because it's too hard for pollsters to get a representative sample may be debatable, but from a practical standpoint I suppose it doesn't matter which is the case.
    BS, Info Sys concentration, Charter Oak State College
    MA in Educational Tech, George Washington University
    PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
    More at http://stevefoerster.com

  16. Advertisement

  17. #15
    Stanislav is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,217
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFoerster View Post
    Bruce is right, you know. One of the effects when a news medium becomes openly hostile to an administration (or embracing of it) is that one can never take anything they say about it at face value.
    I'm sorry, but so says the person who sources his news on U. S. foreign policy from Russia Today.

    MSM is terribly flawed, and also the best overall source of news we have. World is not perfect (also, water is wet).
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stanislav
    BS, MS (Applied Maths, Nat'l Technical U. of Ukraine)
    PhD (Computer Science, Florida State University)
    Certificate in Community College Teaching, CSU-DH
    Online faculty workshops (Meritus University, Humber College, Yorkville University)
    LLB(Hons) Open Learning, Northumbria U. - pursuing

  18. #16
    Stanislav is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,217
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFoerster View Post
    That's actually fair, and the same was the case with Brexit. Polls can no longer be trusted. Whether that's because of bias or because it's too hard for pollsters to get a representative sample may be debatable, but from a practical standpoint I suppose it doesn't matter which is the case.
    You can't draw conclusion on any source's credibility from a mistake if every single other source made the same mistake. Also, the last polls had Clinton winning by 3%; she won by 2%. Actually pretty accurate, considering how hard it was to take into account Comey's actions in real time.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stanislav
    BS, MS (Applied Maths, Nat'l Technical U. of Ukraine)
    PhD (Computer Science, Florida State University)
    Certificate in Community College Teaching, CSU-DH
    Online faculty workshops (Meritus University, Humber College, Yorkville University)
    LLB(Hons) Open Learning, Northumbria U. - pursuing

Similar Threads

  1. How is President Trump doing in his first 100 days?
    By me again in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 336
    Last Post: 05-03-2017, 08:33 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-22-2017, 09:16 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2017, 01:39 PM
  4. Have Trump voters been failed by GOP's Reagan-style economics?
    By Abner in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-20-2016, 09:42 AM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197