View Poll Results: How is President Donald Trump doing in his first 100 days?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Good

    12 46.15%
  • Good

    2 7.69%
  • Fair

    0 0%
  • Poor

    1 3.85%
  • Very Poor

    11 42.31%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 257 to 272 of 337
  1. #257
    SteveFoerster is offline Resident Gadfly
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia & Dominica, West Indies
    Posts
    10,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    Funnily enough, the only real way to back something like this up is with a peer-reviewed study, a mainstream mechanism. With "press" or "politics" it's kind of the same. Nihilists are among the easiest people to manipulate.
    Such studies may be scientific (when done right), but that's not a synonym for mainstream, even in medicine.
    BS, Info Sys concentration, Charter Oak State College
    MA in Educational Tech, George Washington University
    PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
    More at http://stevefoerster.com

  2. #258
    Johann is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,317
    Quote Originally Posted by me again View Post
    3. However, the electoral vote was the biggest electoral win since Ronald Reagan.
    It was? From the New Yorker, today (John Cassidy) re the Press Conference:

    When Trump finally wrapped up his soliloquy and took questions, a reporter pointed out that both Obama and George H. W. Bush got more Electoral College votes than he did, and asked why Americans should trust him when he peddles blatant falsities. “I was given that information,” Trump replied blithely. “I’ve seen that information around.”

    Well?

    J.

  3. #259
    Johann is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,317
    To dispel any doubt re the above, here are some numbers:

    Pres. Trump won 306 electoral college votes in 2016.
    Former President Barack Obama won 332 votes in 2012.
    Mr Obama won an even higher number - 365 - in 2008.
    Bill Clinton gained 379 electoral college votes in 1996.
    George H W Bush won 426 votes in 1988.

    It's from here: Donald Trump falsely claims he had 'biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan' | The Independent

    J.

  4. Advertisement

  5. #260
    Johann is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,317
    Or is this more "fake news" to be countered by "alternative facts?"

    J.

  6. #261
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Or is this more "fake news" to be countered by "alternative facts?"

    J.
    Fake news? Fox has something to say about that:

    https://www.yahoo.com/tv/journalists...233852174.html
    XVI.8: Confucius said, "There are three things of which the superior man stand in awe. He stands in awe of the ordinances of Heaven. He stands in awe of great men. He stands in awe of the words of the sages. The mean man does not know the ordinances of Heaven, and consequently does not stand in awe of them. He is disrespectful to great men. He makes sport of the words of the sages."

  7. #262
    Stanislav is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Abner View Post
    Fake news? Fox has something to say about that:

    https://www.yahoo.com/tv/journalists...233852174.html
    Watch for folks explaining to you how this is "not real Fox". LOL.

    Here's part of what the latest excitement is about:
    Trump's most heated exchanges with reporters during his longest press conference - Business Insider

    There used to be minimum standards to be a US President. Not anymore.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stanislav
    BS, MS (Applied Maths, Nat'l Technical U. of Ukraine)
    PhD (Computer Science, Florida State University)
    Certificate in Community College Teaching, CSU-DH
    Online faculty workshops (Meritus University, Humber College, Yorkville University)
    LLB(Hons) Open Learning, Northumbria U. - pursuing

  8. #263
    me again is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    There used to be minimum standards to be a US President. Not anymore.
    Rubbish.

    Stanislav, the United States was born on the battlefield of blood, when a lawful [British] government usurped the right of the people to govern themselves as they chose. Those Americans who desired self-governance were subsequently labeled as rebels and traitors, but they are our forefathers and they displayed the minimum standards required to be president of the United States. President Donald Trump carries on that great American tradition. The red stripes on the flag are symbolic of the blood that was shed for freedom. Again, those are the minimum standards to be president. The leftist mainstream media pundits (aka socialists) are currently having seizures because they are unable to control or dominate President Trump because he is anointed by God for such a time as this, which is why he is so blessed from above. He is in the rebellious image of our bloody forefathers and he does not cower to ideological socialists. God bless the United States and thank the Lord for anointing and appointing President Trump at such a time as this. He is the right man for the right job at exactly the right time. Now you know the roots of the minimum standards to be president.

    MA, Franciscan University of Steubenville, Theology: in-progress online
    Info: http://www.franciscan.edu/academics/graduate-programs/
    Favorite scriptures: Rev. 11:15 & Luke 24:45

    LET'S DO THIS! https://www.facebook.com/TrumpForPresident2020/

  9. #264
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    Watch for folks explaining to you how this is "not real Fox". LOL.

    Here's part of what the latest excitement is about:
    Trump's most heated exchanges with reporters during his longest press conference - Business Insider

    There used to be minimum standards to be a US President. Not anymore.
    He says some odd things to say the least. I guess he asked a black reporter recently if he could set up a meeting with the congressional black caucus, then asked if they were "friends of yours" I guess he thinks all blacks now each other? Why can't his staff set up a meeting? The reporter than responded by saying "I'm just a reporter".

    You just can't make this stuff up. It's tragically funny. :( Geez, Embarrassing.
    XVI.8: Confucius said, "There are three things of which the superior man stand in awe. He stands in awe of the ordinances of Heaven. He stands in awe of great men. He stands in awe of the words of the sages. The mean man does not know the ordinances of Heaven, and consequently does not stand in awe of them. He is disrespectful to great men. He makes sport of the words of the sages."

  10. #265
    Stanislav is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by me again View Post
    President Donald Trump carries on that great American tradition. The red stripes on the flag are symbolic of the blood that was shed for freedom. Again, those are the minimum standards to be president.
    You know he's a draft dodger right? The man spent time in New York womanizing when US troops were shedding blood the color of these stripes. His "personal Vietnam" was trying not to contract HIV from all his conquests. Now, decades later, he's clearly incapable of even answering relatively lowball questions ("how do you plan to address uptick in antisemitism?" - "I condemn antisemitism and will work tirelessly to stamp it out" - how hard is that?), or even offer red meat to his base in coherent manner ("do you plan to work with the Congressional Black Caucuses?" - "no, they are all Socialists" - even that would be better than "you're black, set up a meeting!"). Sad!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stanislav
    BS, MS (Applied Maths, Nat'l Technical U. of Ukraine)
    PhD (Computer Science, Florida State University)
    Certificate in Community College Teaching, CSU-DH
    Online faculty workshops (Meritus University, Humber College, Yorkville University)
    LLB(Hons) Open Learning, Northumbria U. - pursuing

  11. #266
    Stanislav is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,105
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stanislav
    BS, MS (Applied Maths, Nat'l Technical U. of Ukraine)
    PhD (Computer Science, Florida State University)
    Certificate in Community College Teaching, CSU-DH
    Online faculty workshops (Meritus University, Humber College, Yorkville University)
    LLB(Hons) Open Learning, Northumbria U. - pursuing

  12. Advertisement

  13. #267
    me again is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    ...The man spent time in New York womanizing... His "personal Vietnam" was trying not to contract HIV from all his conquests.... Now, decades later...
    Stanislav, let him that is without HIV and without sexual sin from the 1960s (or whenever) cast the first stone at President Trump (John 8:1-11).

    Moses murdered an Egyptian (Exodus 2:11-15). The Apostle Paul sanctioned the incarceration and murder of Christians (Acts 7:54 and 8:2). King David lusted after another man's wife - and then had the man killed so he could legally [sic] have sex with her (2 Samuel 11). Where is your outrage?

    If you will believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, then you will be saved (Romans 10:9). President Trump is no exception to this rule. On inauguration day, please note two things. First, the name of "God" was used more liberally than ever before. Second, the name of God in the flesh (Jesus) was used freely (and not in a cursive way). That was a breath of fresh air at the White House!

    Stanislav, your accusations of people's past sexual mores from decades ago shows desperation. If you committed fornication or adultery in 1965 (or whenever), then does that disqualify you from being a moral or competent person today? And the biggest question for you is: What makes a person righteous?

    (Hint: Look at 2 Cor. 5:21)
    MA, Franciscan University of Steubenville, Theology: in-progress online
    Info: http://www.franciscan.edu/academics/graduate-programs/
    Favorite scriptures: Rev. 11:15 & Luke 24:45

    LET'S DO THIS! https://www.facebook.com/TrumpForPresident2020/

  14. #268
    Bruce is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    9,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    You know he's a draft dodger right? The man spent time in New York womanizing when US troops were shedding blood the color of these stripes. His "personal Vietnam" was trying not to contract HIV from all his conquests.
    What really pissed me off is when he wrote to an Army officer, "I loathe the military".

    Oh, wait, that was Bill Clinton.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    Now, decades later, he's clearly incapable of even answering relatively lowball questions ("how do you plan to address uptick in antisemitism?" - "I condemn antisemitism and will work tirelessly to stamp it out" - how hard is that?),
    His daughter is Jewish, as are his grandchildren by her.

    Benjamin Netanyahu - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd4EykJ-IjM

    Jake Turx - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YASaS6AmzQs

    Yeah, he's really anti-semitic....

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    or even offer red meat to his base in coherent manner ("do you plan to work with the Congressional Black Caucuses?" - "no, they are all Socialists" - even that would be better than "you're black, set up a meeting!"). Sad!
    The CBC is a farce; they didn't want Allen West (a black member of Congress) to join, simply because he's not a puppet for the Democrat party. I'd treat them as a pesky distraction as well, there is absolutely, positively nothing that Trump could do or say that would appease them, so why bother trying?
    --
    Bruce Tait
    A.S. (Criminal Justice) Quincy College
    B.A. (Criminal Justice) Curry College
    M.A. (Criminal Justice) University of Massachusetts-Lowell
    M.A. (Forensic & Counseling Psychology) Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology
    Certificate (Investigative Psychology) CUNY-John Jay College of Criminal Justice

    MOOC's
    Certificate (Disability Awareness and Support in Higher Education) University of Pittsburgh
    Certificate (International Criminal Law) Case Western Reserve University
    Certificate (Psychology of Criminal Justice) University of Queensland
    Certificate (Classical Sociological Theory) University of Amsterdam



    RA Criminal Justice Degrees by Distance Learning - Updated 3/16/08

    NA Criminal Justice Degrees by Distance Learning - Updated 3/20/08

  15. #269
    Stanislav is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    What really pissed me off is when he wrote to an Army officer, "I loathe the military".

    Oh, wait, that was Bill Clinton.
    Well, somehow I doubt me again would use such patriotic imagery to describe Bill Clinton.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    His daughter is Jewish, as are his grandchildren by her.

    Benjamin Netanyahu - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd4EykJ-IjM

    Jake Turx - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YASaS6AmzQs

    Yeah, he's really anti-semitic....



    The CBC is a farce; they didn't want Allen West (a black member of Congress) to join, simply because he's not a puppet for the Democrat party. I'd treat them as a pesky distraction as well, there is absolutely, positively nothing that Trump could do or say that would appease them, so why bother trying?
    That's missing the point. Saying what you said about CBC would be unwise for a President, but miles better than what he actually said. Synagogues answer was less antisemitic than just bizarre. Is he well?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stanislav
    BS, MS (Applied Maths, Nat'l Technical U. of Ukraine)
    PhD (Computer Science, Florida State University)
    Certificate in Community College Teaching, CSU-DH
    Online faculty workshops (Meritus University, Humber College, Yorkville University)
    LLB(Hons) Open Learning, Northumbria U. - pursuing

  16. #270
    Stanislav is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by me again View Post
    Stanislav, let him that is without HIV and without sexual sin from the 1960s (or whenever) cast the first stone at President Trump (John 8:1-11).

    Moses murdered an Egyptian (Exodus 2:11-15). The Apostle Paul sanctioned the incarceration and murder of Christians (Acts 7:54 and 8:2). King David lusted after another man's wife - and then had the man killed so he could legally [sic] have sex with her (2 Samuel 11). Where is your outrage?

    If you will believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, then you will be saved (Romans 10:9). President Trump is no exception to this rule. On inauguration day, please note two things. First, the name of "God" was used more liberally than ever before. Second, the name of God in the flesh (Jesus) was used freely (and not in a cursive way). That was a breath of fresh air at the White House!

    Stanislav, your accusations of people's past sexual mores from decades ago shows desperation. If you committed fornication or adultery in 1965 (or whenever), then does that disqualify you from being a moral or competent person today? And the biggest question for you is: What makes a person righteous?

    (Hint: Look at 2 Cor. 5:21)
    Are you sure you're not erecting an idol right now?

    I see no evidence that this man is either moral or competent. For one, he seems to have no issue with bearing false witness.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stanislav
    BS, MS (Applied Maths, Nat'l Technical U. of Ukraine)
    PhD (Computer Science, Florida State University)
    Certificate in Community College Teaching, CSU-DH
    Online faculty workshops (Meritus University, Humber College, Yorkville University)
    LLB(Hons) Open Learning, Northumbria U. - pursuing

  17. #271
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,410

    McCain on Freedom of the press - First 100 days

    XVI.8: Confucius said, "There are three things of which the superior man stand in awe. He stands in awe of the ordinances of Heaven. He stands in awe of great men. He stands in awe of the words of the sages. The mean man does not know the ordinances of Heaven, and consequently does not stand in awe of them. He is disrespectful to great men. He makes sport of the words of the sages."

  18. #272
    TomE is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    382

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-27-2016, 05:06 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-07-2016, 08:58 AM
  3. Trump's Campaign Chief Explains Trump's Image
    By sanantone in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-24-2016, 11:01 AM
  4. Open letter to the president from Andrew Jackson U's president
    By AV8R in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 12:52 PM
  5. Former Argosy president becomes Northcentral University president
    By me again in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 02:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15