+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 33 to 41 of 41
  1. #33
    b4cz28 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Abner View Post
    I wonder if you think you are white some times. Geez! You only seem to cry racism when you claim that "illegals" are taking the jobs of black men". I don't get you man.
    I'm half white, or 1/3 white? my dad is part middle Eastern but I don't now how much. He was not a large part of my life.

    Abner, I don't have to act a certain way because I'm suppose to because of my race.
    The Bible

  2. #34
    b4cz28 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Then I'll help you out. Don't want to "make you sick" any more. I'm not worth it. Congratulations. You're the first person on my "ignore" list in 11 years. Feel free to put me on yours, because I'll likely say things that will make you feel very sick and I really don't want the responsibility.

    The Natives were peacefully protesting at the statue of Cornwallis, when the Proud Boys disrupted them. Cornwallis is the guy who put a cash bounty on Mi'kmaq scalps -so naturally, neither today's Mi'kmaq nor any other First Nations like to see him memorialized - and yeah, I get that. By the same token, we've recently renamed the Langevin Block, facing Parliament Hill in Ottawa. It's now the Office of the Prime Minister and Privy Council. Why? Sir Hector-Louis Langevin was one of the prime architects of the Residential School System. Native people certainly don't want to memorialize that system. It's taken decades to get to reconciliation (and payouts) over that ill-conceived and cruel travesty.

    Canadians and their Government have, admittedly, done some hellish bad things to First Nations over the course of history - and our successive Governments have apologized as far as it's possible for past wrongs and continue to work towards reconciliation. Some of those wrongs have continued pretty well to the present day -- hence the ongoing Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women. But we are all, Government, First Nations and all Canadians - trying to continue the reconciliation and move on.

    J.

    Say what you want. I watched the video and they disrupted nothing. Blah blah balh feeling's REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. You were just calling for them to be charged and tossed out of the military for protesting. Ironic seeing how that's what the Indians were doing. I wont call them that first Nation nonsense. Most tribes had been in passion of their land for less time then Canadians have been. They took it from someone else etc.
    The Bible

  3. #35
    Johann is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,799
    Quote Originally Posted by me again
    Johann, are you suggesting that hawala is exempt from global terror financing and transactions?
    Not at all. I didn't mention hawala (money transfer system.) at all. Saying hawala is used to finance terror is like saying banks are used for the same purpose. True that. Both.

    Shutting down hawaladars has been tried - sometimes with disastrous results for civilians dependent on it, e.g. the recent Kenya-Somalia situation.

    No, I definitely wasn't talking about hawala. I think whatever particular Shari'a rules are involved matter little, in that respect. I was concerned more with the established Shari'a principles involved in Murabaha (credit sale), Mudarabah (owner of capital and agent), Musharaka (partnership) , Takaful (like insurance) Sukuk (securities) and so forth. And, of course, in Halal investing, which prohibits investment in companies involved in pork, alcohol, gambling, lending at interest, weapons, etc. Investing in companies that owe interest-bearing debts is allowed, provided those debts do not exceed 30% of capital.

    Shutting down street-level retail hawaladars - how much good does that do, really? It's the clandestine networks you need to seize - and that's much harder. If Abu-Bakr al Baghdadi was in my town (and I don't think he is), he wouldn't be using the Dahab Shi'il down the street from me (and yes, there is one - not far from the Mosque) - he'd likely be on a computer somewhere, maybe getting some Bitcoin on the Dark Web.

    Anyway -as I said - I wasn't denying hawala can (and certainly is) being used for very bad purposes. Moving the money is a necessary element. Hawala is not the only way to do that. As I see it, shutting the street-level hawaladars down completely is like shutting all banks because druglords are known to use some of them.

    J.
    Last edited by Johann; 07-11-2017 at 03:47 PM.

  4. Advertisement

  5. #36
    me again is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,382
    Quote Originally Posted by b4cz28 View Post
    ...my dad is part middle Eastern...
    b4cz28 is Middle Eastern American and Johann is extraordinarily knowledgeable about Islamic culture, Sharia Law and banking. It's quite a combination.
    MA, Franciscan University of Steubenville, Theology: in-progress online
    Info: http://www.franciscan.edu/academics/graduate-programs/
    Favorite scriptures: Rev. 11:15 & Luke 24:45

  6. #37
    b4cz28 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,813
    Quote Originally Posted by me again View Post
    b4cz28 is Middle Eastern American and Johann is extraordinarily knowledgeable about Islamic culture, Sharia Law and banking. It's quite a combination.
    Don't quote me on that lol. Not sure what you getting at though. My mother was from DR. My grandfather was a mysterious dude, we know nothing about him. My dad was a mixture of white and what ever my grandfather was....IDK?

    Ohh, clicked the blue hyper link..Yes we are my friend.
    Last edited by b4cz28; 07-11-2017 at 04:58 PM.
    The Bible

  7. #38
    FTFaculty is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    555
    I checked the hyperlink too, and I belong to that Abraham adoption clan also!

  8. #39
    Kizmet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    between the devil and the deep blue sea
    Posts
    14,152

  9. #40
    me again is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,382
    Making a criminal conviction difficult to obtain, by forcing the government to rely on clear-cut evidence, is a good thing. In the bigger picture, it keeps the government in check by ensuring legal standards are maintained for reasonable suspicion and probable cause. It will be interesting to see what evidence the prosecutor will rely on in the next trial against the woman.
    MA, Franciscan University of Steubenville, Theology: in-progress online
    Info: http://www.franciscan.edu/academics/graduate-programs/
    Favorite scriptures: Rev. 11:15 & Luke 24:45

  10. #41
    SteveFoerster is offline Resident Gadfly
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia & Dominica, West Indies
    Posts
    10,568
    Quote Originally Posted by me again View Post
    Making a criminal conviction difficult to obtain, by forcing the government to rely on clear-cut evidence, is a good thing. In the bigger picture, it keeps the government in check by ensuring legal standards are maintained for reasonable suspicion and probable cause.
    Agreed.

    It will be interesting to see what evidence the prosecutor will rely on in the next trial against the woman.
    Hopefully they'll drop it. Not every mistrial or overturned conviction results in prosecutors trying again, sometimes they just let it go, as would be ideal now.
    BS, Info Sys concentration, Charter Oak State College
    MA in Educational Tech, George Washington University
    PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
    More at http://stevefoerster.com

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2017, 05:41 AM
  2. How an on-line writing course may put a woman in jail for murder
    By jumbodog in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2016, 06:35 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 08:39 PM
  4. Online university with 8 week sessions that I can enroll in right now?
    By jagc32 in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-29-2006, 07:20 PM
  5. Time Bomb follow-up: woman faces 13 years in prison for degree fraud
    By John Bear in forum Off-Topic Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2003, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15