+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    b4cz28 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,820

    GM wants us to pay $1 more a gallon.

    I'm sure higer gas prices is what GM wants...us to by more cars.

    GM CEO call for $1 gas tax hike - Jun. 7, 2011
    The Bible

  2. #2
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,447
    Quote Originally Posted by b4cz28 View Post
    I'm sure higer gas prices is what GM wants...us to by more cars.

    GM CEO call for $1 gas tax hike - Jun. 7, 2011
    Incredible!

    On another note, I see you are a Master Guild Member -- Texas Appraisers Guild

    Is that a new addition, or did I not notice before. Are you doing appraisals now?

    Abner :)
    XVI.8: Confucius said, "There are three things of which the superior man stand in awe. He stands in awe of the ordinances of Heaven. He stands in awe of great men. He stands in awe of the words of the sages. The mean man does not know the ordinances of Heaven, and consequently does not stand in awe of them. He is disrespectful to great men. He makes sport of the words of the sages."

  3. #3
    John Bear is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The bluest city in the bluest state
    Posts
    6,175
    "...Akerson told CNNMoney that if gas hit $4.50 a gallon, "you would probably see people stop visiting our showrooms..."

    Gee, I guess that's why there are no more new cars being sold in England ($5.79 a gallon), Holland ($6.48 a gallon) or France ($5.54). (I see, while looking up those numbers, that Venezuela is still twelve cents a gallon.)

  4. #4
    b4cz28 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Abner View Post
    Incredible!

    On another note, I see you are a Master Guild Member -- Texas Appraisers Guild

    Is that a new addition, or did I not notice before. Are you doing appraisals now?

    Abner :)

    I have been a member for awhile. I opened my own antique store and resale store a few months ago. I get calls almost everyday to do appraisales...I charge anywhere from $25 to $1,000's. The guild (TAG) is free to join and get certified with anywhere in the United States and the world.

    http://texasappraisersguild.org
    The Bible

  5. #5
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,447
    Quote Originally Posted by b4cz28 View Post
    I have been a member for awhile. I opened my own antique store and resale store a few months ago. I get calls almost everyday to do appraisales...I charge anywhere from $25 to $1,000's. The guild (TAG) is free to join and get certified with anywhere in the United States and the world.

    Home


    Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Abner
    XVI.8: Confucius said, "There are three things of which the superior man stand in awe. He stands in awe of the ordinances of Heaven. He stands in awe of great men. He stands in awe of the words of the sages. The mean man does not know the ordinances of Heaven, and consequently does not stand in awe of them. He is disrespectful to great men. He makes sport of the words of the sages."

  6. #6
    cookderosa is offline Resident Chef
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Illinois--> North Carolina
    Posts
    3,849
    Quote Originally Posted by b4cz28 View Post
    I'm sure higer gas prices is what GM wants...us to by more cars.

    GM CEO call for $1 gas tax hike - Jun. 7, 2011
    Yeah, my GMC Yukon gets 13 miles to the gallon. But, that's better than my Chevy Suburbans which both got about 8. That said, we are an SUV family period. We bought our first SUV in 1996 (1994 Suburban) drove it up over 200k and bought a second one in 2003 (a 2001 Suburban). We were up well over 200k and that baby was a decade old until my 16 year old son got into a head on collision a few months ago and totaled it. He was driving with all 4 of my children inside (hubby and I at home) and thankfully no one was hurt, sans a broken finger. I've ran into things- and had things run into me at least a half dozen things over the decade in my burbs, and never so much as dented either of them, I can't say any of them would be alive if they were in our regular car that night. You can't imagine the phone call we took. That said, I'll pay the extra $1 and I'd buy each of my kids a tank if I could.
    Jennifer
    MS Applied Nutrition, Canisius College
    AA & BA Social Science, Thomas Edison State College
    AOS Culinary Arts, Culinary Institute of America

    The placebo effect should be kicking in any minute.

  7. #7
    nanoose is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    237
    Gas in Canada is about 30% higher than the US.
    Once gas hits $3.00/gal in the US, we're paying $4.00, or that $1.00 more.

  8. Advertisement

  9. #8
    b4cz28 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by cookderosa View Post
    Yeah, my GMC Yukon gets 13 miles to the gallon. But, that's better than my Chevy Suburbans which both got about 8. That said, we are an SUV family period. We bought our first SUV in 1996 (1994 Suburban) drove it up over 200k and bought a second one in 2003 (a 2001 Suburban). We were up well over 200k and that baby was a decade old until my 16 year old son got into a head on collision a few months ago and totaled it. He was driving with all 4 of my children inside (hubby and I at home) and thankfully no one was hurt, sans a broken finger. I've ran into things- and had things run into me at least a half dozen things over the decade in my burbs, and never so much as dented either of them, I can't say any of them would be alive if they were in our regular car that night. You can't imagine the phone call we took. That said, I'll pay the extra $1 and I'd buy each of my kids a tank if I could.
    So you don't mind another $?
    The Bible

  10. #9
    SteveFoerster is offline Resident Gadfly
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia & Dominica, West Indies
    Posts
    10,858
    So let me get this straight -- taxpayers were forced to bail out this losing company, only to have the government appointed CEO call for more taxes? Wow, screw you, Dan Akerson.

    -=Steve=-
    BS, Info Sys concentration, Charter Oak State College
    MA in Educational Tech, George Washington University
    PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
    More at http://stevefoerster.com

  11. #10
    atrox79 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    West L.A., CA
    Posts
    198
    Seriously, it wasn't that long ago that GM was crying and whining to the government to "save" them from bankruptcy. How soon they forgot...luckily the people don't forget quite as quickly.
    -Mark

    M.S., Computer Science, California State University, Northridge - 2014
    M.S., Software Engineering, Regis University - 2013
    B.S., Computer Science, Regis University - 2012

Similar Threads

  1. Gas five dollars a gallon!
    By Laser100 in forum Off-Topic Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-04-2006, 12:52 AM
  2. Five Dollars A Gallon For Gas!
    By Laser100 in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 07:49 PM
  3. Gas $3 a gallon by the end of year.
    By Laser200 in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 04:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197