+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: New to here

  1. #1
    gratlitlblod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4

    New to here

    Hi all,

    I found this site by Googling to find info on "American Naturopathic Certification Board (ANCB)". This Board is where the Online Learning Site: "Natural Healing College" is Board Certified.

    I have been looking into Distance Learning for Herbal Healing/Naturopactic Medicine/Holistic Medicine.

    I am a on-site grad of Tacoma Community College.

    How much recognition does ANCB have? From what I can see it seems to be very little.

    The "Natural Healing College" NHC seems to be a start-up site that just recently (Nov. 23, 10) got certified. What draws me to this College is the $500 tuition to become certified by them. I know it is not much and I don't expect to get a great deal for that much, but then it is still $500 and I do not want to just throw it away.

    Anyone think it could be worth the $500?

    Thanks for your opinions,
    gratlitlblod

  2. #2
    airtorn is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,171
    I do not think it is worth the $500.

    From the NHC website:

    Both AADP and ANMBP are not recognized as part of higher education accreditation organization under United States Department of Education
    I don't see how the certification is worth anything.
    MPH, A.T. Still University - 2008
    BS, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - 2003
    AAS, Community College of the Air Force - 2012, 2007 & 2001

  3. #3
    b4cz28 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,821
    I doubt it's worth a whole lot. But it has many members that are MD's and DDS. I think it's more of a program for people who already hold a license to work in their fields. Take a lok at this school, yes it's more, but it has DETC.

    Herbal Medicine - American College of Healthcare Sciences (Formerly Australasian College)
    The Bible

  4. #4
    gratlitlblod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by airtorn View Post
    I do not think it is worth the $500.

    From the NHC website: Both AADP and ANMBP are not recognized as part of higher education accreditation organization under United States Department of Education



    I don't see how the certification is worth anything.
    I can see your reasoning, but isn't that statement made to show that that certificate will not have any value in credits to be applied to a collage or university education ?

    I don't intend to use this course to get credits to carry over to somewhere else. I am interested in how it looks as a stand alone certificate. Will it be viewed as a quack course that does not really qualify a person to have any knowledge in Herbalism?

    Thanks,
    gratlitlblod

  5. #5
    gratlitlblod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by b4cz28 View Post
    I doubt it's worth a whole lot. But it has many members that are MD's and DDS. I think it's more of a program for people who already hold a license to work in their fields. Take a lok at this school, yes it's more, but it has DETC.

    Herbal Medicine - American College of Healthcare Sciences (Formerly Australasian College)
    Thanks. I checked the link and it is for someone that holds at least a BS.

    I am not looking to start a practice or any other money making venture, just something that shows expertise and qualified enough to take care of myself and loved ones.
    gratlitlblod

  6. #6
    Kizmet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    between the devil and the deep blue sea
    Posts
    15,150
    Quote Originally Posted by gratlitlblod View Post
    I am not looking to start a practice or any other money making venture, just something that shows expertise and qualified enough to take care of myself and loved ones.
    You don't need a degree or certificate from anywhere in order to take care of yourself and your family. Do some basic research. Read some books. That's enough.

  7. #7
    gratlitlblod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet View Post
    You don't need a degree or certificate from anywhere in order to take care of yourself and your family. Do some basic research. Read some books. That's enough.
    That is good advice and I have been doing just that for years. When it comes to taking care of yourself and loved ones, there are those/many that will say you "got" to go to see a "certified" doctor. I already think I can take care of myself and loved ones and I would like to have something to "show" that I can. That is why my interest in the certificate course, but mainly the knowledge I may gain from it.

    thanks,
    gratlitlblod

  8. Advertisement

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197