+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Hello

  1. #1
    diplox is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    34

    Hello

    Hi, I'm Josh from New York. I was a home schooled kiddie, who dropped out of school at the tender age of sixteen. I'm twenty seven years of age now, almost twenty eight. A few years back I decided I wanted to go to college to further my education , so I procured a GED and then enrolled at a Community College where I completed my AAS in CIS just recently. I'm now looking to go even further with a BS in Computer Science , and have plans to go on to a Masters after that.

    I wish I had known about this site when I was doing my AAS, as I was blissfully unaware of the existence of CLEP/Dantes! Imagine how much time and money I could've saved. xD

    Anyway, pleasure to be here.
    AAS CIS; Programming Track - SUNY Sullivan (Done!)
    BSc SMAT; Concentration in Computer Science - SUNY Empire State College
    "If you desire ease, forsake learning."
    --Nagarjuna

  2. #2
    Kizmet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    between the devil and the deep blue sea
    Posts
    15,149
    Hi - let us know if we can help in any way.

  3. #3
    SurfDoctor is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,445
    Welcome to Degree Info. I admire you for making the decision to improve yourself and your employment opportunities. Going to city college was a wise move; you saved a lot of money over going to a 4 year school. If you want to do your bachelor's via online classes, we can suggest some good options.
    "If ignorance is bliss, why are the ignorant so angry?" Shannon Wheeler

  4. #4
    Maniac Craniac is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    punoɹɐ ƃuıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ
    Posts
    6,097
    Blog Entries
    1
    Welcome to DegreeInfo! SUNY-ESC is one of the schools I, myself have pondered over the most. All my research tells me that they are a great choice. Also, New York happens to be one of the states I find myself in most frequently (I travel and work all over the country, sometimes I forget which city/state I actually live in. If the IRS ever tried to audit me, they would think I was hiding something ). From my stays in New York, whether upstate, downstate, or hokie pokie and shake it all around state, the moment you say SUNY, people are satisfied, no matter what campus, no matter what modality of learning. Outside of NY, SUNY campuses seem to carry somewhat of an "ooooo!!!" factor that they don't have inside NY. Anyway, as I am sure you realize, a degree from Empire State should serve you well no matter where you go. I have also heard that their courses are on the super serious side of difficult, so I don't suppose even a wise young man like yourself would be bored with them.

    Thanks for joining us, and PLEASE, give us your feedback on your time with ESC. Happy posting!
    BA, Social Sciences ---- The University Formerly Known As Thomas Edison State College

    If you're tired of starting over, STOP GIVING UP!!! -Shia LaBoeuf

  5. #5
    Randell1234 is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    7,768
    Quote Originally Posted by diplox View Post
    Hi, I'm Josh from New York. I was a home schooled kiddie, who dropped out of school at the tender age of sixteen. I'm twenty seven years of age now, almost twenty eight. A few years back I decided I wanted to go to college to further my education , so I procured a GED and then enrolled at a Community College where I completed my AAS in CIS just recently. I'm now looking to go even further with a BS in Computer Science , and have plans to go on to a Masters after that.

    I wish I had known about this site when I was doing my AAS, as I was blissfully unaware of the existence of CLEP/Dantes! Imagine how much time and money I could've saved. xD

    Anyway, pleasure to be here.
    Welcome to the forum! You have made some great decisions to pursue a degree. You meantioned that you wish you knew about CLEPs to save money and time. You might be able to still use them to complete a BS degree. Check with Empire State College and see if they will accept any as electives.

  6. #6
    Maniac Craniac is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    punoɹɐ ƃuıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ
    Posts
    6,097
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Randell1234 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! You have made some great decisions to pursue a degree. You meantioned that you wish you knew about CLEPs to save money and time. You might be able to still use them to complete a BS degree. Check with Empire State College and see if they will accept any as electives.
    Empire State is one of the most flexible colleges with respects to using CLEP. As far as I know, the only limitation to using college level exams is their (32 credit, I think) residency requirement.
    BA, Social Sciences ---- The University Formerly Known As Thomas Edison State College

    If you're tired of starting over, STOP GIVING UP!!! -Shia LaBoeuf

  7. #7
    emissary is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    central Texas
    Posts
    319
    This is probably a blinding flash of the obvious, but I feel it's worth mentioning anyways. The residency requirements of many universities are flexible beyond what is put forth in their website. Once you become involved with a university, if you ask the right questions of the right people, there are exceptions that can be made.

    I am being exempted from some of my residency requirements at UTEP, and have learned that they are not necessarily unique in their flexibility.

    Anyway, welcome, and good luck.

  8. Advertisement

  9. #8
    carllindsay is offline member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1
    hello everyone, i am carl lindsay and i am collecting information regarding fake degrees . thanks for a nice thread.

  10. #9
    Ian Anderson is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,066
    Quote Originally Posted by carllindsay View Post
    hello everyone, i am carl lindsay and i am collecting information regarding fake degrees . thanks for a nice thread.
    Welcome.
    What is your purpose in colecting this info?
    And have you looked at Alan's web site Office of Degree Authorization - Diploma Mills

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15