+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 32 of 235
  1. #17
    master_tang666 Guest

    Talking Hello everyone!

    I'm new to this site. ;)
    A little about myself..
    I am Australian, and I will move to Seoul (South Korea) December 3rd 2009.
    I plan to obtain a degree which will enable me to teach English in Korean schools.

    After searching the internet, I found that to teach English legally in South Korea, A native English speaker must obtain a BA in their home country (one of 7 English speaking countries). Korea does not recognise their own BA's obtained by a foreigner for teaching purposes.

    I really wonder why that is; I don't understand.

    Anyway now I have to find another way to obtain a degree to be able to teach English, while living in Korea. I'm still researching but, I think maybe I can enroll to an Australian online university, and begin & complete it while in Korea.

    Thanks for reading, and any help would be appreciated. :)

  2. #18
    markdavis627 is offline member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Barton, VT, USA
    Posts
    1
    Good day a pleasant day to all of you. I am Mark Davis and wanted to share my ideas and know more about you.

  3. #19
    seopositive2 is offline member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6
    Hi i am Mike and today i join this nice forum wan to increase my knowledge.

  4. #20
    TheoK is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Posts
    2

    Question New user interested in international studies

    Hi all

    I'm interested in reading Economics and Politics. I'm probably looking to move towards International Relations, with International Development also being a possibility.

    Apart from Politics and Economics , I'm interested in learning or improving my ability in languages: French, German, Greek, Italian, Mandarin, Portuguese and Spanish.

    I also have an interest in Sociology and Psychology , and to improve my employability/broaden my scope, I may look to studying Marketing further.

    This is my first attempt at distance learning and I'm looking to enrol with UNISA. I'm a past student at UPE, now NMMU, although I never completed my degree studies in B.Com Accounting & Business Management.

    As I have far-flung family to catch up with, I may be writing exams in South Africa, Canada, Greece, and, possibly, Brazil.

    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

    Many thanks
    Theo K

  5. #21
    Ted Heiks is offline Moderator and Distinguished Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ottawa County, Ohio
    Posts
    13,143
    Quote Originally Posted by TheoK View Post
    Hi all

    I'm interested in reading Economics and Politics. I'm probably looking to move towards International Relations, with International Development also being a possibility.

    Apart from Politics and Economics , I'm interested in learning or improving my ability in languages: French, German, Greek, Italian, Mandarin, Portuguese and Spanish.

    I also have an interest in Sociology and Psychology , and to improve my employability/broaden my scope, I may look to studying Marketing further.

    This is my first attempt at distance learning and I'm looking to enrol with UNISA. I'm a past student at UPE, now NMMU, although I never completed my degree studies in B.Com Accounting & Business Management.

    As I have far-flung family to catch up with, I may be writing exams in South Africa, Canada, Greece, and, possibly, Brazil.

    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

    Many thanks
    Theo K
    Hey, Theo! Is that short for Theodore? You know that means "gift of God," dont you? Live up to your name!

    Shoot me a PM and remind me to help dig up some old threads on politics, economics , international relations, international developmentand your other fields of interest.
    Theo the Educated Derelict
    BA, History/Political Science, Western State College of Colorado, 1984
    MBA, Entrepreneurship, City University of Seattle, 1992
    MBA, Marketing, City University of Seattle, 1993

    Politics is made from two words: "poly" meaning "many" and "ticks" meaning "blood-sucking insects."

  6. Advertisement

  7. #22
    kev314 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9

    Kevin Moriarty, Man or Myth?

    Who am I?

    I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

    I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

    Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I’m bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

    I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear.

    I don’t perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat .400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

    I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy.

    I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down.

    I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

    But I have not yet received a college degree.



    THE PLAN

    BA in natural sciences/mathematics at TESC

    Educational Technology Masters at Arizona State University

    Educational Technology PhD at ASU


    Get paid to do "THE PLAN", while doing dissertation(system for teaching math to first through fifth graders for improved aims scores).



    age:44
    married with 4 children and one on the way
    INTP on myers briggs (weak I, very strong N, strong I, weak P)


    interests: games(board and computer), philosophy, science fiction, movies, mensa, intertel, educational technology


    Strengthsfinder:
    Ideation
    Strategic
    Futuristic
    Communication
    Activator

  8. #23
    raristud is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by kev314 View Post
    Who am I?

    I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

    I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

    Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I’m bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

    I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear.

    I don’t perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat .400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

    I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy.

    I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down.

    I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

    But I have not yet received a college degree.



    THE PLAN

    BA in natural sciences/mathematics at TESC

    Educational Technology Masters at Arizona State University

    Educational Technology PhD at ASU


    Get paid to do "THE PLAN", while doing dissertation(system for teaching math to first through fifth graders for improved aims scores).



    age:44
    married with 4 children and one on the way
    INTP on myers briggs (weak I, very strong N, strong I, weak P)


    interests: games(board and computer), philosophy, science fiction, movies, mensa, intertel, educational technology


    Strengthsfinder:
    Ideation
    Strategic
    Futuristic
    Communication
    Activator
    My god are you the son of the great grandmaster supreme pontificate omnipresent LeLand Milton Goldblatt! "The Reverend Leland Milton Goldblatt one of America’s foremost civil rights, religious and political figures. Over the past fifty years he has played a pivotal role in virtually every movement for empowerment, peace, civil rights, gender equality, and economic and social justice. Goldblatt is President Emeritus of Toe Academy and Georgian Trinity Southwestern. He is adjunct professor of Philosophy at the University serving in the Honours Program there." :D

    http://www.blogger.com/profile/11750218589175401938

  9. #24
    Y-rag Guest
    No, more like a distant relative of Bernie Madoff, thrice removed. But you were on the right track!

  10. #25
    usac is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    2

    Thumbs up new in here need youur help asap

    I there my name is Jean Pierre i'm a run a cadet Program for cadets from the ages of 12 to 18, www.armycadetsofatlanta.com , and one of my main thing is to encourage the cadets to go to college, then I realize I dont have a degree my self, therefore i started taking some of the fema classes.
    Please let me know what the best and most effective way that i can do this

    Thanks

  11. #26
    TheoK is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Heiks View Post
    Hey, Theo! Is that short for Theodore? You know that means "gift of God," dont you? Live up to your name!

    Shoot me a PM and remind me to help dig up some old threads on politics, economics, international relations, international developmentand your other fields of interest.
    Yes, it's short for the Greek version: Theodoros. I'll do so :-)

  12. #27
    pde7dd is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2

    Newbie

    I am Franks Thomas
    I am new to this community. Glad to be here.
    I find this forum is interesting .

    about my self:
    interest to further study:master engineering Online

  13. #28
    Kizmet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    between the devil and the deep blue sea
    Posts
    13,408
    Quote Originally Posted by pde7dd View Post
    I am Franks Thomas
    I am new to this community. Glad to be here.
    I find this forum is interesting .

    about my self:
    interest to further study:master engineering Online
    Hi - Welcome to degreeinfo! What subdiscipline of engineering has caught your attention?

  14. Advertisement

  15. #29
    Y-rag Guest
    Newbie here. I'm on the practice squad. Obama supporter. Anything far right is far wrong. Most things right are mostly wrong. I do believe in the right to bear arms, just not automatic weapons. I support gay rights, lesbians rock. I am for a nat'l healthcare system w/public option. Also term limits, tort reform.....Heck, that'll start it off. Put a bullseye on my back from the git go. "Can I get a hell yeah"? Startin grad school in Jan, can't wait to stir up the pot there.

    Lastly, let's stop this nonsense of pardoning career criminals and those sick individuals who have absolutely no ability to reform. Matter of fact, life means life! Bread & water w/peanut butter & jelly as the main course.

    If I've captured your attention, please let me know. My goal is to play offense or defense a little and get that Masters. Honestly, if I sit the bench it means I'm not laying in the box, that makes me a player. Stay normal and safe.........

  16. #30
    Ted Heiks is offline Moderator and Distinguished Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ottawa County, Ohio
    Posts
    13,143

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by TheoK View Post
    Hi all

    I'm interested in reading Economics and Politics. I'm probably looking to move towards International Relations, with International Development also being a possibility.

    Apart from Politics and Economics , I'm interested in learning or improving my ability in languages: French, German, Greek, Italian, Mandarin, Portuguese and Spanish.

    I also have an interest in Sociology and Psychology , and to improve my employability/broaden my scope, I may look to studying Marketing further.

    This is my first attempt at distance learning and I'm looking to enrol with UNISA. I'm a past student at UPE, now NMMU, although I never completed my degree studies in B.Com Accounting & Business Management.

    As I have far-flung family to catch up with, I may be writing exams in South Africa, Canada, Greece, and, possibly, Brazil.

    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

    Many thanks
    Theo K
    TheoK - I gave you tour own thread on political science , economics , and international relations: http://forums.degreeinfo.com/showthr...threadid=32669. - TheoH
    Theo the Educated Derelict
    BA, History/Political Science, Western State College of Colorado, 1984
    MBA, Entrepreneurship, City University of Seattle, 1992
    MBA, Marketing, City University of Seattle, 1993

    Politics is made from two words: "poly" meaning "many" and "ticks" meaning "blood-sucking insects."

  17. #31
    Snrjames is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1

    New Member

    Please I am a new member and i dont know my way around on this page
    Are there medical officer or students on your forum?

  18. #32
    Kizmet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    between the devil and the deep blue sea
    Posts
    13,408
    Hi - There's not too many med students in this neighborhood as that sort of degree can't really be completed through distance learning. There may be one or two places where you can take an individual course through distance learning but there are no real degree programs that I know of.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192