+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 27
  1. #1
    whatever is offline member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    8

    mountsville university

    Dear Members
    I would like to know if this university is accredited university or not
    Accredited online degrees | online education ? MountsVille University

  2. #2
    Kizmet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    between the devil and the deep blue sea
    Posts
    15,149
    It is accredited by a bunch of organizations I've never heard of before so I'm going to (shoot first and ask questions later) and say that it's not accredited.
    (actually, I'm going to shoot first and then let somebody else ask the questions because the coffee is ready and I'm going to have some and then mow the lawn before it gets too hot outside)
    American College of Sports Medicine

  3. #3
    mbwa shenzi is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On my way to Zilimadjou
    Posts
    374
    As far as I can tell, it's an Axact clone. "Axact clone" is short for fake university run from Pakistan, or Dubai, by people who also run fake high school sites, fake essay and term paper sites and other scam sites.
    Character be like belle, una no fit hide am forever.

  4. #4
    nyvrem is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    514
    Q. IS MOUNTSVILLE AN ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY?
    A. MountsVille is a fully accredited University recognized by the Accreditation Bureau for Higher Learning (ABHL), learn more about ABHL.
    MountsVille University FAQs ? Answers to most student queries

    they forgot to buy the ABHL.org domain

    =\

  5. #5
    heirophant is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Dear Members
    I would like to know if this university is accredited university or not
    Accredited online degrees | online education ? MountsVille University
    It's difficult to know where this thing is supposedly located. Its 'contact' page doesn't give a physical address. That right there tells you something: can you really imagine sending thousands of dollars to a "university" when you don't even know where it is?

    It claims to be accredited by something called the "US Accreditation Body". That name doesn't appear on the US Federal Government's list of recognized accreditors.

    https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/agencies.aspx

    The other "accreditors" that Mountsville claims purport (I'm skeptical) to be in Europe and the Middle East. I've never heard of them.

    Doing a web-search for "US Accreditation Body" turned up several other rather doubtful online universities with similar names and web design , claiming accreditation by the same unfamiiar agencies:

    Caralyn University
    Carlfield University
    GatesVille University
    Louis Mount University

    There are probably more.

    It would be stupid to send any money to something like this. I'd steer clear of it if I were you.

  6. #6
    heirophant is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by mbwa shenzi View Post
    As far as I can tell, it's an Axact clone.
    A search for "accreditation bureau for higher learning", which still appears on MountsVille's FAQ, despite its accreditation page now naming different "accreditors", turned up Ray University, which has been identified as an Axact scam.

    International Accreditation| Online Programs ? Ray University

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axact

    Ray University -- totally fake

  7. #7
    Bruce is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    9,475
    Scam.

    In addition to the research above, I tried to connect to their "Live Chat" feature, and my anti-virus program went haywire.
    --
    Bruce Tait
    A.S. (Criminal Justice) Quincy College
    B.A. (Criminal Justice) Curry College
    M.A. (Criminal Justice) University of Massachusetts-Lowell
    M.A. (Forensic & Counseling Psychology) Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology
    Certificate (Investigative Psychology) CUNY-John Jay College of Criminal Justice

    MOOC's
    Certificate (Disability Awareness and Support in Higher Education) University of Pittsburgh
    Certificate (International Criminal Law) Case Western Reserve University
    Certificate (Psychology of Criminal Justice) University of Queensland
    Certificate (Classical Sociological Theory) University of Amsterdam



    RA Criminal Justice Degrees by Distance Learning - Updated 3/16/08

    NA Criminal Justice Degrees by Distance Learning - Updated 3/20/08

  8. Advertisement

  9. #8
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,323
    Quick! Add Mountsville to "the list." I'd do it, but I put my back out the last time I tried to lift "the list."

    J.

  10. #9
    mbwa shenzi is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On my way to Zilimadjou
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    In addition to the research above, I tried to connect to their "Live Chat" feature, and my anti-virus program went haywire.
    The chat feature, xchatlivepro dot com, was, I believe, also developed by Axact. Some of the sites, in particular the fake high school sites, were occasionally viral but the chat function's built-in IP tracker is also disturbing.
    Character be like belle, una no fit hide am forever.

  11. #10
    mbwa shenzi is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On my way to Zilimadjou
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by heirophant View Post
    A search for "accreditation bureau for higher learning", which still appears on MountsVille's FAQ, despite its accreditation page now naming different "accreditors", turned up Ray University, which has been identified as an Axact scam.
    Thank you. Yes, Mountville is an Axact clone alright: website created in September last year, the usual registrant (DNC Holdings), hosted on a dedicated server, and recycling stuff from an older Axact school.
    Character be like belle, una no fit hide am forever.

  12. #11
    whatever is offline member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    8

    Unhappy

    A bit long post but please help
    Thanks for the information.
    Actually I already paid for the university as they infom me that I can have the certificate cause under the RPL certificate
    I got the certificate and everything seems OK. but later on I do more investigation and find that they are fake.
    the problem is they are contacting me asking for 5000 USD to authenticate the certificate from my country embessy in USA which include and they will do for me as they say
    - Graduation Project
    - Attendance
    - English exam passing .. and other thing.
    I want to stop this as I dont want such fake certificate (i lost some money its OK).
    I got a call from my country embessy asking me to complete the missing document (mentioned above), I simply ignore them
    Today I got a call from a guy whom claim to be from the ministry of foreign affirms telling me that the paper are on hold and I must finish the process otherwise there will be some legal issue, as the paper are not processed.
    and the university contacted me and warn me from legal issues if not resumed.
    I dont wana get me self in trouble so I am asking you guys.. what the worst can be.
    what they can do, and is there really any legal issue if the paper cent to the embessy and not processed.
    Thanks alot for your help.

  13. #12
    Bruce is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    9,475
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    A bit long post but please help
    Thanks for the information.
    Actually I already paid for the university as they infom me that I can have the certificate cause under the RPL certificate
    I got the certificate and everything seems OK. but later on I do more investigation and find that they are fake.
    the problem is they are contacting me asking for 5000 USD to authenticate the certificate from my country embessy in USA which include and they will do for me as they say
    - Graduation Project
    - Attendance
    - English exam passing .. and other thing.
    I want to stop this as I dont want such fake certificate (i lost some money its OK).
    I got a call from my country embessy asking me to complete the missing document (mentioned above), I simply ignore them
    Today I got a call from a guy whom claim to be from the ministry of foreign affirms telling me that the paper are on hold and I must finish the process otherwise there will be some legal issue, as the paper are not processed.
    and the university contacted me and warn me from legal issues if not resumed.
    I dont wana get me self in trouble so I am asking you guys.. what the worst can be.
    what they can do, and is there really any legal issue if the paper cent to the embessy and not processed.
    Thanks alot for your help.
    You seem to have accepted that your money is gone, which is good, because it is.

    Take this as an expensive lesson, and just hang-up whenever someone calls you about this worthless school. They'll eventually give up and move on to a softer target.
    --
    Bruce Tait
    A.S. (Criminal Justice) Quincy College
    B.A. (Criminal Justice) Curry College
    M.A. (Criminal Justice) University of Massachusetts-Lowell
    M.A. (Forensic & Counseling Psychology) Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology
    Certificate (Investigative Psychology) CUNY-John Jay College of Criminal Justice

    MOOC's
    Certificate (Disability Awareness and Support in Higher Education) University of Pittsburgh
    Certificate (International Criminal Law) Case Western Reserve University
    Certificate (Psychology of Criminal Justice) University of Queensland
    Certificate (Classical Sociological Theory) University of Amsterdam



    RA Criminal Justice Degrees by Distance Learning - Updated 3/16/08

    NA Criminal Justice Degrees by Distance Learning - Updated 3/20/08

  14. #13
    whatever is offline member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    You seem to have accepted that your money is gone, which is good, because it is.

    Take this as an expensive lesson, and just hang-up whenever someone calls you about this worthless school. They'll eventually give up and move on to a softer target.
    Thanks for your reply
    So there is no legal or action can be taken against me if they call the paper again back from the embessy or stop the process

  15. #14
    Kizmet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    between the devil and the deep blue sea
    Posts
    15,149
    The embassy, the papers, the phone calls are all a part of the scam. They may persist for a bit but if you ignore them they will eventually go away. If you respond they will assume they still have a hook in you and they will continue.
    American College of Sports Medicine

  16. Advertisement

  17. #15
    whatever is offline member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet View Post
    The embassy, the papers, the phone calls are all a part of the scam. They may persist for a bit but if you ignore them they will eventually go away. If you respond they will assume they still have a hook in you and they will continue.
    Wonderfull members
    thanks for the support.
    Is there any directory were we can upload and talk about the fake unicersity so ppl wont be fooled.
    and where governement can take action against these guys

  18. #16
    whatever is offline member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet View Post
    The embassy, the papers, the phone calls are all a part of the scam. They may persist for a bit but if you ignore them they will eventually go away. If you respond they will assume they still have a hook in you and they will continue.
    This is the lastest reply from them
    It’s not just a paper the whole conversation you had with us or with the authorities they all were recorded and they shall be considering this is frogged qualification until they have received the proof of education and it could be penalty $50,000 or Imprisonment or could be both or if you are expatriate they can proceed with deportation after the penalty

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15