+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Tde
    Tde is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    12

    Question Very cheap in cost and easy to finish bachelor's degree in Bible

    I'm looking for a VERY CHEAP in cost and easy to finish ;) off-campus (distance education ) bachelor's degree in Bible-related studies; anything from Bible studies to Theology and Christian studies etc... (If You can point me to Judaism-related FULL off-campus distance learning degrees as well I would be thankful,except for Hebrew College!) I would refer to be given a complete cost of the degrees,instead of just per course costs.Thank You in advance!!

  2. #2
    Tde
    Tde is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    12

    Arrow I forgot to add

    I would prefer to study off-line at distance through regular mail

  3. #3
    Bill Highsmith is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    650
    You want some Friars with that? Supersize it to an MDiv?

  4. #4
    Craig Hargis is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Riverside
    Posts
    289
    Cost would have to be given as $/unit because you don't say how many units you have or need. Usually you need about 120 semester units or 186 quarter units. If you need an authentically accredited degree, it willl be difficult to get below $100/unit in a DL format. If you can go with one of the better unacccredited degrees, about $/60. Below that it is hard to find anything with even a shadow of utility and portability. For accredited, try perhaps American Bible College in Oaklahoma (they have changed their name I think to American Christian University). Unaccredited: Landmark Baptist, Haines City, Fla. ($70), or Bethany Bible College ($60), Louisiana Baptist University ($77). Another possibly good accredited option is one of the South African schools--perhaps South Africa Theological Seminary (Sats) about $500/year. Alll of these I think can be done via the regular mail, all are entirely DL. Actually none are "easy" in the sense of no work.

    Welcome to Degreeinfo.
    Craig

  5. #5
    Tde
    Tde is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    12

    Reply

    Thank You for the reply.What I meant is that the degree
    won't be extremely complicated to finish.I don't know
    English THAT good,but I know it pretty well!

    I was actually thinking about the non-accredited institutions,and
    I will give it a little more thought.

    I would want to get a good Master's degree,and the Bachelor doesn't really matter as long as it is accepted for the Master's
    in the better institution,so the non-accredited schools
    may be a problem.I will have to contact the school
    where I will likely do my master's and simply ask them,if
    they are willing to accept a bachelor's from this and this
    non-accredited institution.Even this will not guarantee
    acceptance,but it is important to know.

    I will look into the colleges mentioned.Thanks.
    And I am waiting for more replies.

  6. #6
    Craig Hargis is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Riverside
    Posts
    289
    If you want a masters, I would really think twice about an unaccredited BA. Unless you are willing to take the MA from the same school. In general, an unaccredited BA is not a very viable option. The BA is the base of your entire education , if you plan to go on you should get an accredited degree if there is any possible way to do so.

    Good luck
    Craig

  7. #7
    Tde
    Tde is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    12

    One more question

    Ok,thanks for the advice.I'm now convinced that the degree
    needs to be accredited,so that I can continue on with my education .I will surely want my Master's done
    in an accredited college,so I can't take such a risk.

    I have one more question,if You don't mind;
    Let's take away the cost issues for now.Could You provide me with a list of some degrees that have to do w/Jewish Studies and Judaism,that can be taken entirely online or through mail by distance (of course) Do You know any? I mean entirely done through distance,not partly.(except for Hebrew College and Siegal College)

  8. Advertisement

  9. #8
    Peter French is offline member
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    586

    Re: Reply

    Originally posted by Tde
    Thank You for the reply.What I meant is that the degree
    won't be extremely complicated to finish.I don't know
    English THAT good,but I know it pretty well!

    I was actually thinking about the non-accredited institutions,and
    I will give it a little more thought.

    I would want to get a good Master's degree,and the Bachelor doesn't really matter as long as it is accepted for the Master's
    in the better institution,so the non-accredited schools
    may be a problem.I will have to contact the school
    where I will likely do my master's and simply ask them,if
    they are willing to accept a bachelor's from this and this
    non-accredited institution.Even this will not guarantee
    acceptance,but it is important to know.

    I will look into the colleges mentioned.Thanks.
    And I am waiting for more replies.
    A couple of tips ...

    1. NEVER take an unaccredited degree as a first degree.
    2. NEVER take an unaccredited first degree if it is 'vocational'
    3. NEVER take an unaccredited second degree if it is 'vocational'
    4. NEVER take an unaccredited second degree if you wish to study further..


    I have 2 unacredited doctorates but AFTER I was better qualified than my peers academcially by traditional degrees and professionally.

    Peter French
    MEd MACC
    Australia

  10. #9
    cdhale is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Cow pasture in Texas
    Posts
    868

    Re: One more question

    Originally posted by Tde
    Could You provide me with a list of some degrees that have to do w/Jewish Studies and Judaism,that can be taken entirely online or through mail by distance
    UNISA has this sort of study. Go to

    http://www.unisa.ac.za/dept/sem/hebrew.html

    Good luck,
    clint

  11. #10
    cdhale is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Cow pasture in Texas
    Posts
    868
    Just remembered that UoL has a Jewish History degree..

    go to
    http://www.londonexternal.ac.uk/unde...ry/index.shtml

    clint

  12. #11
    Howard is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    650

    Re: Re: Reply

    I have 2 unacredited doctorates but AFTER I was better qualified than my peers academcially by traditional degrees and professionally.

    Peter French
    MEd MACC
    Australia [/B][/QUOTE]


    what a unique way to explain "UNACCREDITED" doctorates. Really puts a different spin on it.
    Howard Rodgers
    BS/MBA Univ of Ala at Bham
    AA Faulkner Univ
    BA Univ of the State of NY (Excelsior)
    MA Liberty University
    PhD Capella Univ

  13. #12
    Guest
    Originally posted by cdhale
    Just remembered that UoL has a Jewish History degree..

    go to
    http://www.londonexternal.ac.uk/unde...ry/index.shtml

    clint
    Good recommendation Clint. UofL is certainly affordable and more than credible.

    North

  14. #13
    Guest
    Originally posted by Bill Highsmith
    You want some Friars with that? Supersize it to an MDiv?
    Or perhaps the Combo # 3, Go Large:

    Bachelor's
    Master's
    Doctorate
    With Honors

    $3.89 :D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174