+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    sentinel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,747

    Lansbridge University: MBA and eMBA

    Lansbridge University, located in New Brunswick, Canada, offers MBA and eMBA degrees via distance education . The tuition seems rather high for a DETC-approved institution. The institution is authorized as a degree-granting school by the Province of New Brunswick. The course schedule is term/semester-based.
    BA - Thomas Edison State College
    Computer Forensics & Digital Investigation Certificate - Champlain College
    Computer Programming & Systems Analysis Diploma - Toronto School of Business

  2. #2
    RFValve is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    3,913
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Lansbridge University, located in New Brunswick, Canada, offers MBA and eMBA degrees via distance education. The tuition seems rather high for a DETC-approved institution. The institution is authorized as a degree-granting school by the Province of New Brunswick. The course schedule is term/semester-based.
    Overpriced and with little utility in Canada. You are paying so much for a degree that is hard to validate as most employers check the aucc.ca web site for school verification and lansbridge is not there.

    Yes, legal in Canada but not worth it given their price and unknown name in the market. An Aspen degree might be equivalent at a fraction of its cost.

  3. #3
    sentinel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,747
    Quote Originally Posted by RFValve View Post
    Overpriced and with little utility in Canada. You are paying so much for a degree that is hard to validate as most employers check the aucc.ca web site for school verification and lansbridge is not there.

    Yes, legal in Canada but not worth it given their price and unknown name in the market. An Aspen degree might be equivalent at a fraction of its cost.
    RFValve, I concur with our opinion. Aspen University would save almost USD11,000.00 based on the tuition for foreign students at Lansbridge University.
    BA - Thomas Edison State College
    Computer Forensics & Digital Investigation Certificate - Champlain College
    Computer Programming & Systems Analysis Diploma - Toronto School of Business

  4. #4
    CalDog is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,590
    What -- if anything -- was the connection between the Lansbridge University in New Brunswick, and the Lansbridge University in British Columbia?

    The latter was recently shut down by the BC Minister of Advanced Education .

  5. #5
    CalDog is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,590
    Apparently both Lansbridge Universities are parts of an organization known as the "Kingston Education Group", and owned by a Mr. and Mrs. Lo. Another school owned by this group was Kingston College in BC.

    The former Kingston College has been heavily criticized as a scam, and was also shut down recently. It currently appears to be the target of a class-action lawsuit.

    The former Lansbridge University in BC has been accused, among other things, of unconventional student records policies:
    "In one case, a student's transcript was printed on the back of a copy of an e-mail message regarding the extension of the Lo's Visa credit limit"
    Of course, things may be different at the New Brunswick Lansbridge.
    Last edited by CalDog; 06-11-2007 at 11:46 AM.

  6. #6
    sentinel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,747
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDog View Post
    What -- if anything -- was the connection between the Lansbridge University in New Brunswick, and the Lansbridge University in British Columbia?

    The latter was recently shut down by the BC Minister of Advanced Education.
    The reason for my original posting was to solicit information about the credibility of this institution. I thought the name sounded familiar, although the location was unfamiliar.
    BA - Thomas Edison State College
    Computer Forensics & Digital Investigation Certificate - Champlain College
    Computer Programming & Systems Analysis Diploma - Toronto School of Business

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15