+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 36
  1. #1
    Sabine is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11

    cheapest accredited PhD program...

    Well, I would like to thank you all for your messages...

    Do you know the name of the cheapest accredited US distance learning PhD in Business Administration ?

    And abroad? (DBA included).

    Thank you so much!!!

  2. #2
    Ted Heiks is offline Moderator and Distinguished Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ottawa County, Ohio
    Posts
    11,686

    Re: cheapest accredited PhD program...

    Originally posted by Sabine
    Well, I would like to thank you all for your messages...

    Do you know the name of the cheapest accredited US distance learning PhD in Business Administration ?

    And abroad? (DBA included).

    Thank you so much!!!
    Not sure which one's the cheapest, but I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll post a list of PhDs, DBAs, DMs in Business Administration and the various subdisciplines thereof, such as I can find in Bears' Guide, complete with weblinks. Then, people can start clicking on said weblinks, report back their findings on tuition, and maybe we can rebuild the list by cost rather than alphabetically.

    University of Bradford www.brad.ac.uk (BG15, 176)
    Capella University www.capella.edu (BG15, 156)
    Central Queensland University www.dtls.cqu.edu.au (BG15, 103)
    Charles Sturt University www.csu.edu.au (BG15, 104)
    Colorado Technical University www.ctuonline.edu
    University of Glasgow www.gla.ac.za (BG15, 137)
    Henley Management College www.henleymc.ac.uk (BG15, 160)
    University of Luton www.luton.ac.uk (BG15, 139)
    University of Maryland University College www.umuc.edu
    University of Melbourne www.unimelb.edu.au (BG15, 140)
    University of New England www.une.edu.au (BG15, 141)
    Northcentral University www.ncu.edu
    Nova Southeastern University www.nova.edu
    Open University of the Netherlands www.ouh.nl (BG15, 166)
    University of Phoenix http://online.uophx.edu (BG15, 143)
    Regent University www.regent.edu (BG15, 168)
    University of South Africa www.unisa.ac.za (BG15, 144)
    South Bank University www.lbsu.ac.uk (BG15, 172)
    University of Tasmania www.utas.edu.au (BG15, 146)
    Technikon of South Africa www.tsa.ac.za (BG15, 132)
    University of Teesside www.tees.ac.uk (BG15, 181)
    Touro University International www.tourou.edu (BG15, 134)
    Union Institute & University www.tui.edu
    Walden University www.waldenu.edu (BG15, 183)
    Theo the Educated Derelict
    BA, History/Political Science, Western State College of Colorado, 1984
    MBA, Entrepreneurship, City University of Seattle, 1992
    MBA, Marketing, City University of Seattle, 1993

    Politics is made from two words: "poly" meaning "many" and "ticks" meaning "blood-sucking insects."

  3. #3
    me again is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,425

    Smile

    The least expensive 100% DL doctorate that I could find that is regionally accredited is NCU. My signature has their link.

    2014 - Bench pressed 43 pounds
    2013 - Promoted to fries operator (at McDonalds)
    2010 - CPR, finally passed after 5th try
    2001 - Post High School, Microsoft Powerpoint, magna cum laude
    1998 - 12th grade, voted most likely to succeed
    1997 - 11th grade wood shop class, summa cum laude
    1989 - 3rd grade soccer, 6th place trophy

  4. #4
    Haggai12 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    168

    Arrow South Africa??

    Not sure about the cheapest from a US school....

    But the combination least expensive / best quality would have to go to U- South Africa (and the technikon programs).
    J. Martin H.

    MTh (Unisa), DTh (Unizul)

    There can be no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats its children.
    - Nelson Mandela

  5. #5
    hikergirl is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    57
    Originally posted by me again
    The least expensive 100% DL doctorate that I could find that is regionally accredited is NCU. My signature has their link.
    Thanks for that link! Looks like I may have found myself a doctorate program in Health Psychology !

  6. #6
    dl_mba is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    656
    Originally posted by me again
    The least expensive 100% DL doctorate that I could find that is regionally accredited is NCU. My signature has their link.
    Was NCU closed today? I got a weird msg trying to call them.

  7. #7
    me again is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,425
    Originally posted by dl_mba
    Was NCU closed today? I got a weird msg trying to call them.
    Today is a holiday (presidents' day), so it may well have been closed.

    2014 - Bench pressed 43 pounds
    2013 - Promoted to fries operator (at McDonalds)
    2010 - CPR, finally passed after 5th try
    2001 - Post High School, Microsoft Powerpoint, magna cum laude
    1998 - 12th grade, voted most likely to succeed
    1997 - 11th grade wood shop class, summa cum laude
    1989 - 3rd grade soccer, 6th place trophy

  8. Advertisement

  9. #8
    worthingco is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    171
    Sabine:

    If you're really bent on an unaccredited PhD then you might want to check out Southern California University for Professional Studies. SCUPS is a state-approved school. Their website doesn't seem to be working at the moment but this is their address:

    www.scups.edu

    Enjoy.

  10. #9
    louisnguyen27 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    My Computer
    Posts
    61
    Originally posted by worthingco
    Sabine:

    If you're really bent on an unaccredited PhD then you might want to check out Southern California University for Professional Studies. SCUPS is a state-approved school. Their website doesn't seem to be working at the moment but this is their address:

    www.scups.edu

    Enjoy.
    Man,

    I do not think you should not mention SCUP here. Are you sure SCUP is accredited with DBA and PhD program????
    Sabine asked for an ACCREDITED, not STATE-APPROVED.
    D ST. (something), M Phil., M Tech., B Eng.

  11. #10
    back2cali is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    98
    Originally posted by louisnguyen27


    Man,

    I do not think you should not mention SCUP here. Are you sure SCUP is accredited with DBA and PhD program????
    Sabine asked for an ACCREDITED, not STATE-APPROVED.
    1st. SCUPs no longer offers phd and DBA programs and is referring students to NCU.

    And to clarify, yes, SCUPs is unaccredited, however State of CAL approved.

    NCU is by far the least expensive accredited DL that I have come across.
    D.B.A. - BSU
    B.S./M.S. - AU

  12. #11
    louisnguyen27 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    My Computer
    Posts
    61
    Originally posted by back2cali


    1st. SCUPs no longer offers phd and DBA programs and is referring students to NCU.

    And to clarify, yes, SCUPs is unaccredited, however State of CAL approved.

    NCU is by far the least expensive accredited DL that I have come across.
    I totally agree that NCU is the best accredited in this case.
    Anyway, If someone concerns in the fee, UNISA is better than SCUPS.
    Last edited by louisnguyen27; 02-23-2006 at 08:01 PM.
    D ST. (something), M Phil., M Tech., B Eng.

  13. #12
    me again is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,425

    Smile

    Click here for a cost comparison between Northcentral, University of Phoenix , Capella , Walden and Nova.

    Click here for tuition rates.

    Click here for an estimated cost-of-attendance. This estimate uses the maximum number of transferable credits allowed e.g. 90 credits for undergraduate, 6 for Masters and 30 for doctorate.

    2014 - Bench pressed 43 pounds
    2013 - Promoted to fries operator (at McDonalds)
    2010 - CPR, finally passed after 5th try
    2001 - Post High School, Microsoft Powerpoint, magna cum laude
    1998 - 12th grade, voted most likely to succeed
    1997 - 11th grade wood shop class, summa cum laude
    1989 - 3rd grade soccer, 6th place trophy

  14. #13
    Randell1234 is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    7,568
    Originally posted by me again
    Click here for a cost comparison between Northcentral, University of Phoenix , Capella , Walden and Nova.

    Click here for tuition rates.

    Click here for an estimated cost-of-attendance. This estimate uses the maximum number of transferable credits allowed e.g. 90 credits for undergraduate, 6 for Masters and 30 for doctorate.
    They did not compare TUI PhD. No res and cost 22K plus dis fees. Very competitive.

  15. #14
    dl_mba is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    656
    Originally posted by Randell1234


    They did not compare TUI PhD. No res and cost 22K plus dis fees. Very competitive.
    I think with TUI, you need to pay for dissertation every term unlike NCU.. that might increase the tuition considerably.

  16. Advertisement

  17. #15
    worthingco is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    171
    Originally posted by louisnguyen27


    Man,

    I do not think you should not mention SCUP here. Are you sure SCUP is accredited with DBA and PhD program????
    Sabine asked for an ACCREDITED, not STATE-APPROVED.
    My error. I misread the thread-starter's title & for some reason had "unaccredited" in my head.
    Last edited by worthingco; 02-24-2006 at 07:24 PM.

  18. #16
    worthingco is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    171
    Originally posted by back2cali


    1st. SCUPs no longer offers phd and DBA programs and is referring students to NCU.

    And to clarify, yes, SCUPs is unaccredited, however State of CAL approved.

    NCU is by far the least expensive accredited DL that I have come across.
    At the time that I posted, SCUPS' website was not available so I was going from memory. You are correct. SCUPS used to offer DBA & PhD. I see that they offer PsyD. only now...as far as doctorates are concerned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15