+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,047

    Smile Spanish CLEP results :)

    I took the Spanish CLEP today and got a 76. It's awesome, I get 12 credits for 1.5hr exam!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All for the very low price of $55.00 for the CLEP and $20. for the proctor.

    Now I just have to decide which test to take next. I am thinking of taking a real easy. Are DANTES test similar to CLEP tests?

    Anyway,

    Thanks everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Your advice and help is creating a monster! he he!

    Abner :)

  2. #2
    PETEUSA1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    75
    Niiiiiiiice,

    I was waiting for your post...great job.

    Now consider Analyzing and Interpreting Literature....
    More or less 88 questions, 6 cr hr (check with your school )

    Don`t bother studying literature terms (only 4 or so questions on this )

    Remember to read the paragraphs fast, the answer the 1,2 or 3 questions on it.

    Trust me, this is another gimme.
    B.G.S Indiana U. / In Progress

  3. #3
    ybfjax is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida/Georgia
    Posts
    135

    Re: Spanish CLEP results :)

    Originally posted by Abner
    I took the Spanish CLEP today and got a 76. It's awesome, I get 12 credits for 1.5hr exam!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All for the very low price of $55.00 for the CLEP and $20. for the proctor.

    Now I just have to decide which test to take next. I am thinking of taking a real easy. Are DANTES test similar to CLEP tests?

    Anyway,

    Thanks everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Your advice and help is creating a monster! he he!

    Abner :)
    What did you use to study for this exam? Or do you speak spanish already and were just looking to quantify the college credit?
    Please advise.

    Respectfully,

    Josh G.
    [SIZE=1]
    Current Plans: [url=http://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/bup_updt/508/milpers/1910-108.htm]Early Release to further education.[/url]

    AAS in Aviation, 4.00 and BS in General Business, 3.68; Excelsior College.
    MS Management, Colorado Technical University 4.00 (finished!)

    [url=http://www.123collegedegree.com]A Bachelor's Degree in under one year? 100% regionally accredited.
    [/url]
    [/SIZE]

  4. #4
    Lawhopes is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    California's Central Valley
    Posts
    61
    Along the same lines as Josh, approximately what level of education was necessary to take this? What verb tenses were required? How specific in the nouns? How detailed in grammatical construction?

    I've had two years of Spanish and can hold my own in the office (ok, with the occational help of a dictionary;) and would consider taking this exam if it was worth it. Anyway, right now I've got to cram for Italian and German...so if I could take it with no further study, that would be ideal

    Etienne

  5. #5
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,047

    Cool Thanks!!!!!

    Originally posted by PETEUSA1
    Niiiiiiiice,

    I was waiting for your post...great job.

    Now consider Analyzing and Interpreting Literature....
    More or less 88 questions, 6 cr hr (check with your school )

    Don`t bother studying literature terms (only 4 or so questions on this )

    Remember to read the paragraphs fast, the answer the 1,2 or 3 questions on it.

    Trust me, this is another gimme.
    Ok, Do you think I should bother ordering one of those study guides? It sounds like its mainly reading quickly and not spending too much time on one answer. I won't concern myself with the literary terms because like you said, they are only 4 questions, so I will just wing that part of.

    Thanks for the great advice,

    The grasshopper is learning!!!

    Abner :)

  6. #6
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,047

    Re: Re: Spanish CLEP results :)

    Originally posted by ybfjax


    What did you use to study for this exam? Or do you speak spanish already and were just looking to quantify the college credit?
    Yeah, I speak Spanish already so I took Pete's advice and just winged it.

  7. #7
    ybfjax is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida/Georgia
    Posts
    135

    Re: Re: Re: Spanish CLEP results :)

    Originally posted by Abner


    Yeah, I speak Spanish already so I took Pete's advice and just winged it.
    I knew of a couple of other bi-linquil people in my squadron who did the same. One for spanish, and one for french.

    To answer your other questions, dantes are the exact same, but are untimed and currently are still paper-and-pencil. So you'll have to wait about 4 weeks to get the test results. I would suggest taking principles of management CLEP, or intro to computers or intro to business DSST to start out.

    Don't let you're ego get too big. Don't fall into the trap of believing that all the tests are "easy". What is easy for one person is hard for the next.

    See my website 123collegedegree.com or bain4weeks.com for more info on actually putting it together into a degree.
    Last edited by ybfjax; 02-05-2005 at 10:30 PM.
    Please advise.

    Respectfully,

    Josh G.
    [SIZE=1]
    Current Plans: [url=http://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/bup_updt/508/milpers/1910-108.htm]Early Release to further education.[/url]

    AAS in Aviation, 4.00 and BS in General Business, 3.68; Excelsior College.
    MS Management, Colorado Technical University 4.00 (finished!)

    [url=http://www.123collegedegree.com]A Bachelor's Degree in under one year? 100% regionally accredited.
    [/url]
    [/SIZE]

  8. Advertisement

  9. #8
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,047

    Smile Spanish CLEP

    Originally posted by Lawhopes
    Along the same lines as Josh, approximately what level of education was necessary to take this? What verb tenses were required? How specific in the nouns? How detailed in grammatical construction?

    I've had two years of Spanish and can hold my own in the office (ok, with the occational help of a dictionary;) and would consider taking this exam if it was worth it. Anyway, right now I've got to cram for Italian and German...so if I could take it with no further study, that would be ideal

    Etienne
    Hi Etienne:

    I would say you should be ok. It sounds like you have a knack for languages anyway. The nouns were pretty basic, the verb tenses will be attainable at your level of Spanish (two years). The grammatical construction part was just basically a sentence at a time with a word missing, then you pick the appropriate word.

    The part you have to alert for is the headphones part, just try to grasp the gist of the recorded statement so you could pick the right response/answer on the screen rather try to catch every little thing. Most of them were easy, but a few were kind of long.

    I hope this helps,
    Maybe Pete can add more to this, this was my first CLEP test so I was a little nervous, it's a kind of a blur.

    Abner

  10. #9
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,047

    Cool Re: Re: Re: Re: Spanish CLEP results :)

    Originally posted by ybfjax


    I knew of a couple of other bi-linquil people in my squadron who did the same. One for spanish, and one for french.

    To answer your other questions, dantes are the exact same, but are untimed and currently are still paper-and-pencil. So you'll have to wait about 4 weeks to get the test results. I would suggest taking principles of management CLEP, or intro to computers or intro to business DSST to start out.

    Don't let you're ego get too big. Don't fall into the trap of believing that all the tests are "easy". What is easy for one person is hard for the next.

    See my website 123collegedegree.com or bain4weeks.com for more info on actually putting it together into a degree.
    Thanks for the info.

    I will take it to heart and add these DANTES tests to my list.

    Thanks, I appreciate it. Knowledge is a great thing to share.

    Take care of yourself soldier!

    Abner :) I like the part of DANTES being untimed and on paper, I am ok with computers, but I would prefer paper and pencil.

  11. #10
    PETEUSA1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    75
    RE: Analyzing and interpreting Literature.

    Just schedule the test...Saturday is around the corner...

    You already know what an incredible advantage it a second language gives you.

    Just do it.


    Re: Clep Spanish... 2 years is more than enough, and speaking it, is even better.
    Last edited by PETEUSA1; 02-08-2005 at 02:16 AM.
    B.G.S Indiana U. / In Progress

  12. #11
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,047

    Thanks!!! :)

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by PETEUSA1
    [B]RE: Analyzing and interpreting Literature.

    Just schedule the test...Saturday is around the corner...



    Ok, Thanks Pete! I am in the middle of a Environmental history (DL) class right now, but as soon as I can, I guarantee you I will be taking Analyzing and Interpreting Literature!. The great thing is the community college test center were I went last Saturday give both CLEP and DANTES, and is only 10 minutes from my house.

    Thanks for all your advice, I really appreciate it.

    Abner :)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15