+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    TEKMAN is offline Semper Fi!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    3,685

    Free MBA and Executive MBA?

    Does anyone know about Smartly's Free MBA and Executive MBA ? The site indicates,

    " The World’s First Elite Online MBA . If You're Accepted, It’s Free."

    But what school issues the MBA , or just from a start-up Smartly MOOC? According to their summary, it seems to be really competitive.

    Ph.D| Nova Southeastern University (W/D)
    MPS | Georgetown University (2012)
    MS | Southern Methodist University (2010)
    BS | Troy University (2006)
    Cert | Marine Corps University (2008)

  2. #2
    msganti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    298
    From their FAQ:
    Is the MBA degree accredited? - Smartly Help Docs

    Is the MBA degree accredited?

    Smartly is licensed by the Washington DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education Higher Education Licensure Commission. This means that Smartly confers a licensed MBA degree. Accreditation, or the formal recognition by other institutions of higher learning, is a multiyear process, often taking over four years from when students first enroll in a program. As we are relatively new, Smartly is not yet accredited. We’ll keep you posted! In the meantime, our goal is to provide an elite MBA education in a non-traditional medium and tie the benefit directly to the job market. The success of our graduates in the job market is the driving force behind our mission.

  3. #3
    guitarmark2000 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    855
    Odd. So after you put on your resume that you have a Harvard BA and a "Smartly" MBA ? These people must be doing it for the knowledge because it totally waters down their undergrad prestige.
    BS General Business, Excelsior
    MBA, Indiana University

  4. #4
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,312
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarmark2000 View Post
    ...So after you put on your resume that you have a Harvard BA and a "Smartly" MBA?
    I'm not knocking the school itself. Free is free - enough said. But that name! What's next, "The Rapidly Institute," where you can complete your degree at warp speed? Or perhaps "Cheaply College," for those of us willing to pay something, but not much. I think "Smartly" has earned a place in the Worst School Names thread, here: Worst university name

    J.
    Last edited by Johann; 02-18-2017 at 11:52 AM.

  5. #5
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,410
    Quote Originally Posted by TEKMAN View Post
    Does anyone know about Smartly's Free MBA and Executive MBA ? The site indicates,

    " The World’s First Elite Online MBA . If You're Accepted, It’s Free."

    But what school issues the MBA , or just from a start-up Smartly MOOC? According to their summary, it seems to be really competitive.

    Hey TM,

    When are you going to complete your PhD?
    XVI.8: Confucius said, "There are three things of which the superior man stand in awe. He stands in awe of the ordinances of Heaven. He stands in awe of great men. He stands in awe of the words of the sages. The mean man does not know the ordinances of Heaven, and consequently does not stand in awe of them. He is disrespectful to great men. He makes sport of the words of the sages."

  6. #6
    TEKMAN is offline Semper Fi!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    3,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Abner View Post
    Hey TM,

    When are you going to complete your PhD?
    I have a choice to come back where I left off within 10 years (2022); however, it more like I am not able to because of heavily residencies and I a full-time single dad with two little kids. I am thinking about applying for Dakota State University's for Doctor of Science in Cyber Security, but what is the ROI? I just hope one day my company offers me a full funded tuition one of the top MBA program. As of for now, I just focus on the kids, my job, and my starting up consulting business.
    Ph.D| Nova Southeastern University (W/D)
    MPS | Georgetown University (2012)
    MS | Southern Methodist University (2010)
    BS | Troy University (2006)
    Cert | Marine Corps University (2008)

  7. #7
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,410
    Quote Originally Posted by TEKMAN View Post
    I have a choice to come back where I left off within 10 years (2022); however, it more like I am not able to because of heavily residencies and I a full-time single dad with two little kids. I am thinking about applying for Dakota State University's for Doctor of Science in Cyber Security, but what is the ROI? I just hope one day my company offers me a full funded tuition one of the top MBA program. As of for now, I just focus on the kids, my job, and my starting up consulting business.
    TEKMAN
    "I just focus on the kids, my job, and my starting up consulting business."

    Abner
    I know you are a good single dad! You have your priorities straight!

    Take care brother
    XVI.8: Confucius said, "There are three things of which the superior man stand in awe. He stands in awe of the ordinances of Heaven. He stands in awe of great men. He stands in awe of the words of the sages. The mean man does not know the ordinances of Heaven, and consequently does not stand in awe of them. He is disrespectful to great men. He makes sport of the words of the sages."

  8. Advertisement

Similar Threads

  1. Executive MBA vs. regular MBA?
    By scotty in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-06-2013, 12:58 PM
  2. Executive MACCY from Rutgers or Executive MSc Finance from CUNY???
    By kozen in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 10:34 PM
  3. Executive Masters?
    By jayncali73 in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2006, 03:16 AM
  4. Distance/Executive MBA
    By Texascot in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-06-2004, 09:48 AM
  5. New Executive MBA Program
    By 9Chris in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15