+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 19
  1. #1
    Jan
    Jan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    288

    Certain unaccredited California schools are scrambling to obtain accreditation.

    Due to California state requirements that unaccredited California schools obtain accreditation in the near future or close their doors permanently, schools such as the Eisner Institute is attempting to obtain DEAC accreditation while Ryokan College is allegedly submitting their application for WASC accreditation in January 2017. It will be interesting to observe the outcomes.

  2. #2
    bceagles is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    340
    University of Massachusetts - Lowell, Master of Science in Finance (current)
    Lewis University, MBA - Finance
    Excelsior College, B.S. L.A., Admin/Mgmt Studies

  3. #3
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,333
    Anaheim is NA (DEAC). That accreditation is valid in California, as in all States. Why would there be a push to (apply to) become RA? Just to distinguish itself from the NA "pack?" An expensive effort ...

    J.

  4. #4
    Vinipink is offline Accounting Monster
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Anaheim is NA (DEAC). That accreditation is valid in California, as in all States. Why would there be a push to (apply to) become RA? Just to distinguish itself from the NA "pack?" An expensive effort ...

    J.
    In reality it has happened. With the worst change an NA for another NA such in the case of California Miramar University, which such agency has no recognition by the the Deparment of Education .

  5. #5
    b4cz28 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinipink View Post
    In reality it has happened. With the worst change an NA for another NA such in the case of California Miramar University, which such agency has no recognition by the the Deparment of Education.
    Are you saying DEAC is not recognized?
    The Bible

  6. #6
    Vinipink is offline Accounting Monster
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by b4cz28 View Post
    Are you saying DEAC is not recognized?
    That would not be logical. They are recognized. But if you do a deep research you will understand,what I am trying to explain.

  7. #7
    SteveFoerster is offline Resident Gadfly
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia & Dominica, West Indies
    Posts
    10,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinipink View Post
    That would not be logical. They are recognized. But if you do a deep research you will understand,what I am trying to explain.
    And if you do a deep research you'll come up with ways of describing national accreditation that are actually true.
    BS, Info Sys concentration, Charter Oak State College
    MA in Educational Tech, George Washington University
    PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
    More at http://stevefoerster.com

  8. Advertisement

  9. #8
    Vinipink is offline Accounting Monster
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFoerster View Post
    And if you do a deep research you'll come up with ways of describing national accreditation that are actually true.
    Ok what is your point?

  10. #9
    Koolcypher is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinipink View Post
    Ok what is your point?
    The point is that you have to do a deep, deep research.
    MS, Elementary Education - St. Thomas University (Fall '16, one year program.)
    MA, Professional Writing - Chatham University
    Graduate Certificate - University of Central Florida
    BA, Public Administration - Barry University

  11. #10
    b4cz28 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinipink View Post
    That would not be logical. They are recognized. But if you do a deep research you will understand,what I am trying to explain.
    OK, I'd be happy to do some deep research, please just tell me what's going on here😦I am so lost!
    The Bible

  12. #11
    Vinipink is offline Accounting Monster
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolcypher View Post
    The point is that you have to do a deep, deep research.
    Fascinating

  13. #12
    Vinipink is offline Accounting Monster
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by b4cz28 View Post
    OK, I'd be happy to do some deep research, please just tell me what's going on here😦I am so lost!
    California Miramar University drop DEAC for ACICS both are national accrediting agencies. The decision was a flaw one, because it backfire on them. The latter lost recognition by the Deparment of Education affecting their flow of revenues via financial aid. Maybe the rationale about CMU is that they saw the ACICS accreditation better than DEAC. Just like saying RA is better than NA. Do not have a clue why they did this, but certainly it did not help their case, since they offers doctorate degree which was not accredited by ACICS. Perhaps, now they will comeback to DEAC if they want to keep charging their outrageous tuition. Does it makes more sense now?

  14. #13
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,333
    Looks like everyone's questions have been answered - except mine. Granted, it sure looks (now) like Cal. Miramar's ACICS choice may well have backfired, but for what reason would there be a "push" for Anaheim to apply for RA (and presumably drop DEAC if/when successful.) DEAC is recognized. All the State of California is requiring is that unaccredited schools obtain recognized accreditation. Anaheim already has recognized accreditation - so why is their any "push," as BCEagles phrases it, for that school to become RA?

    J.

  15. #14
    b4cz28 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinipink View Post
    California Miramar University drop DEAC for ACICS both are national accrediting agencies. The decision was a flaw one, because it backfire on them. The latter lost recognition by the Deparment of Education affecting their flow of revenues via financial aid. Maybe the rationale about CMU is that they saw the ACICS accreditation better than DEAC. Just like saying RA is better than NA. Do not have a clue why they did this, but certainly it did not help their case, since they offers doctorate degree which was not accredited by ACICS. Perhaps, now they will comeback to DEAC if they want to keep charging their outrageous tuition. Does it makes more sense now?

    What are you talking about? DEAC only allows for a certain small amount of courses to be in classroom. Cal Miramar exceeds that limit so they had their online through DEAC and everything else with ACISC. Of course they did this at the same time in 2009. So it was not like they dropped DEAC and then earned ACISC.


    They even field some good sports teams!

    https://www.calmu.edu/sports/
    The Bible

  16. Advertisement

  17. #15
    Vinipink is offline Accounting Monster
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by b4cz28 View Post
    What are you talking about? DEAC only allows for a certain small amount of courses to be in classroom. Cal Miramar exceeds that limit so they had their online through DEAC and everything else with ACISC. Of course they did this at the same time in 2009. So it was not like they dropped DEAC and then earned ACISC.


    They even field some good sports teams!

    https://www.calmu.edu/sports/
    Deep Research!

  18. #16
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,333
    Quote Originally Posted by b4cz28
    (1) Of course they did this at the same time in 2009. (2) So it was not like they dropped DEAC and then earned ACISC.
    (1) Yes - both in 2009, at least.
    (2) Well, they sort of did - or at least they dropped DEAC and kept ACICS!

    (1) DETC (now DEAC) accreditation happened in 2009. ACICS same year. California Miramar University=Pacific Western University are both bogus Univ ?

    (2) Cal Miramar later let their DEAC accreditation expire and kept ACICS. California Miramar University - DETC Accrediation Lapse

    Deep research? Keep talking...

    J.
    Last edited by Johann; 01-25-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2005, 02:40 PM
  2. Unaccredited Degrees Before Accreditation
    By russ in forum Accreditation Discussions (RA, DETC, state approval, and unaccredited schools)
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 04:39 PM
  3. Schools claiming bogus accreditation, then receiving legit accreditation
    By TomICAVols in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 02:47 PM
  4. accreditation vs. unaccredited at BJ
    By Way in forum Accreditation Discussions (RA, DETC, state approval, and unaccredited schools)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-29-2003, 06:03 AM
  5. Were all California DL law schools invited to apply for DETC accreditation?
    By Jonathan Liu in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-30-2001, 07:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197