+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 45
  1. #1
    Kizmet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    between the devil and the deep blue sea
    Posts
    15,150

    Phoenix University of Theology

    American College of Sports Medicine

  2. #2
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet View Post
    Hmm, some of the requirements remind me of the diploma mill by the name of Columbia something or other.
    XVI.8: Confucius said, "There are three things of which the superior man stand in awe. He stands in awe of the ordinances of Heaven. He stands in awe of great men. He stands in awe of the words of the sages. The mean man does not know the ordinances of Heaven, and consequently does not stand in awe of them. He is disrespectful to great men. He makes sport of the words of the sages."

  3. #3
    LearningAddict is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    886
    The comments on that blog post are pretty funny. Of course, being the President of a school with no curriculum is comedy on its own.

  4. #4
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Abner View Post
    Hmm, some of the requirements remind me of the diploma mill by the name of Columbia something or other.
    Abner, are you possibly thinking of Columbia State, operated by Ronald Pellar, a stage hypnotist known as Dr. Dante, also seventh and last husband of actress Lana Turner?
    In 2004, Columbia state was said to have "no faculty, ... no curriculum, no classes, no courses, no tests, no one to grade tests, no educational facilities, no library and no academic accreditation..."

    Aw, heck. Here's the whole thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbia_State_University and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Pellar

    Of course, this is different. P.U.T. is a 501 (c) Non-profit Christian University. It says so.

    "Religious exemption" means - as long as all degrees granted are religious in nature, P.U.T. can grant them as they wish. P.U.T.'s accreditor, AICCS, is not CHEA /USDoE recognized, but with exemption, that doesn't matter at all. P.U.T. doesn't have to be accredited by any organization, to be "legal ."

    Ron Pellar went to jail. I assure you, nobody from PUT is going to jail over degree mill charges.

    Interesting Faculty Statement: God will teach us what we need to know. The Lord is our teacher. Reminds me a wee bit of another school's statement that it was "Accredited by Jesus Christ."

    J.
    Last edited by Johann; 02-27-2017 at 01:07 PM.

  5. #5
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Abner, are you possibly thinking of Columbia State, operated by Ronald Pellar, a stage hypnotist known as Dr. Dante, also seventh and last husband of actress Lana Turner?
    In 2004, Columbia state was said to have "no faculty, ... no curriculum, no classes, no courses, no tests, no one to grade tests, no educational facilities, no library and no academic accreditation..."

    Aw, heck. Here's the whole thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbia_State_University

    Of course, this is different. P.U.T. is a 501 (c) Non-profit Christian University. It says so.

    "Religious exemption" means - as long as all degrees granted are religious in nature, they can grant them as they wish. Their accreditor, AICCS, is not CHEA /USDoE recognized, but with exemption, that doesn't matter at all. It doesn't have to be accredited by any organization, to be "legal ."

    Ron Pellar went to jail. I assure you, nobody from PUT is going to jail over degree mill charges.

    Interesting faculty statement: God will teach us what we need to know. The Lord is our teacher. Reminds me a bit of another school that stated it was "Accredited by Jesus Christ."

    J.
    Yeah, that's it. Columbia State U! They used to have a picture of a medieval looking building on the cover of their school catalog to make it appear as if it was their's. Geez! Another guy married to Lana Turner? I believe you mentioned that Judge Wapner was married to her as well.
    XVI.8: Confucius said, "There are three things of which the superior man stand in awe. He stands in awe of the ordinances of Heaven. He stands in awe of great men. He stands in awe of the words of the sages. The mean man does not know the ordinances of Heaven, and consequently does not stand in awe of them. He is disrespectful to great men. He makes sport of the words of the sages."

  6. #6
    Steve Levicoff is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in a Truck
    Posts
    722
    This school now appears to call itself Phoenix University of Theology International.

    Now, I'm hardly one for conspiracy theories, but in theory, does that mean its acronym is PUTIN? (Imagine Dana Carvey asking that in his "Church Lady" voice.)

    Or, as Arsenio Hall might say, that's one of those things that makes you go, "Hmmmmm . . ."

  7. #7
    Ted Heiks is offline Moderator and Distinguished Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ottawa County, Ohio
    Posts
    13,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Abner, are you possibly thinking of Columbia State, operated by Ronald Pellar, a stage hypnotist known as Dr. Dante, also seventh and last husband of actress Lana Turner?
    In 2004, Columbia state was said to have "no faculty, ... no curriculum, no classes, no courses, no tests, no one to grade tests, no educational facilities, no library and no academic accreditation..."

    Aw, heck. Here's the whole thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbia_State_University and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Pellar

    Of course, this is different. P.U.T. is a 501 (c) Non-profit Christian University. It says so.

    "Religious exemption" means - as long as all degrees granted are religious in nature, P.U.T. can grant them as they wish. P.U.T.'s accreditor, AICCS, is not CHEA /USDoE recognized, but with exemption, that doesn't matter at all. P.U.T. doesn't have to be accredited by any organization, to be "legal ."

    Ron Pellar went to jail. I assure you, nobody from PUT is going to jail over degree mill c
    Interesting Faculty Statement: God will teach us what we need to know. The Lord is our teacher. Reminds me a wee bit of another school's statement that it was "Accredited by Jesus Christ."

    J.
    Did you mean AICCS or ACICS?
    Theo the Educated Derelict
    BA, History/Political Science, Western State College of Colorado, 1984
    MBA, Entrepreneurship, City University of Seattle, 1992
    MBA, Marketing, City University of Seattle, 1993

    Politics is made from two words: "poly" meaning "many" and "ticks" meaning "blood-sucking insects."

  8. Advertisement

  9. #8
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,333
    AICCS, Ted. Here: Association of Independent Christian Colleges and Seminaries. http://aiccs.org/

    J.

  10. #9
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Levicoff View Post
    ... does that mean its acronym is PUTIN? (Imagine Dana Carvey asking that in his "Church Lady" voice.)
    Isn't that special?

    J.

  11. #10
    Ted Heiks is offline Moderator and Distinguished Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ottawa County, Ohio
    Posts
    13,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Thanks, Johann!
    Theo the Educated Derelict
    BA, History/Political Science, Western State College of Colorado, 1984
    MBA, Entrepreneurship, City University of Seattle, 1992
    MBA, Marketing, City University of Seattle, 1993

    Politics is made from two words: "poly" meaning "many" and "ticks" meaning "blood-sucking insects."

  12. #11
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Levicoff View Post
    This school now appears to call itself Phoenix University of Theology International.

    Now, I'm hardly one for conspiracy theories, but in theory, does that mean its acronym is PUTIN? (Imagine Dana Carvey asking that in his "Church Lady" voice.)

    Or, as Arsenio Hall might say, that's one of those things that makes you go, "Hmmmmm . . ."
    I like your sense of humor/rapier wit.
    XVI.8: Confucius said, "There are three things of which the superior man stand in awe. He stands in awe of the ordinances of Heaven. He stands in awe of great men. He stands in awe of the words of the sages. The mean man does not know the ordinances of Heaven, and consequently does not stand in awe of them. He is disrespectful to great men. He makes sport of the words of the sages."

  13. #12
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Abner
    I believe you mentioned that Judge Wapner was married to her as well.
    I never did. Because he wasn't - and I note His Honour, Judge Joseph Wapner has just died - yesterday, I believe. He was 97.

    Here are Lana Turner's 7 husbands, in order:

    Artie Shaw (bandleader)
    Joseph Stephen Crane
    Henry J. Topping Jr.
    Lex Barker (actor)
    Frederick May (rancher)
    Robert P. Eaton (movie producer)
    Ron Pellar.

    See for yourself - no Judge Wapner. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lana_Turner

    J.

  14. #13
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    I never did. Because he wasn't - and I note His Honour, Judge Joseph Wapner has just died - yesterday, I believe. He was 97.

    Here are Lana Turner's 7 husbands, in order:

    Artie Shaw (bandleader)
    Joseph Stephen Crane
    Henry J. Topping Jr.
    Lex Barker (actor)
    Frederick May (rancher)
    Robert P. Eaton (movie producer)
    Ron Pellar.
    See for yourself - no Judge Wapner. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lana_Turner

    J.
    Oops sorry! 7 husbands! Wow! There was another actress from the 1950's I think that had many husbands. I think it was Elizabeth Taylor. Or that Gabor actress? I will probably remember later whilst rolling down the street.
    XVI.8: Confucius said, "There are three things of which the superior man stand in awe. He stands in awe of the ordinances of Heaven. He stands in awe of great men. He stands in awe of the words of the sages. The mean man does not know the ordinances of Heaven, and consequently does not stand in awe of them. He is disrespectful to great men. He makes sport of the words of the sages."

  15. #14
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,333
    Back to unaccredited schools... and something for Abner.

    I don't much care for religion or religious schools, accredited or not, though I have nothing against the majority of believers ... but this one, I rather like. Abner, seeing you're a martial arts man, you might get a (figurative) kick out of it too. It's the Gospel Martial Arts Union, here: Gospel Martial Arts Union . I love their motto: "Blessed be the Lord, my strength, which teacheth my hand to war and my fingers to fight." (Psalm 144:1)

    Amazing how many Christian / Martial Arts schools there are! Here's a whole page: DMOZ - Sports: Martial Arts: Christian: Schools and Instruction Wow! Talk about "Spiritual Warfare!"

    J.
    Last edited by Johann; 02-27-2017 at 01:51 PM.

  16. Advertisement

  17. #15
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Abner
    There was another actress from the 1950's I think that had many husbands. I think it was Elizabeth Taylor.
    Ah yes - Elizabeth Taylor Hilton Wilding Todd Fisher Burton Burton Warner Fortensky! 7 husbands, one of them twice. Exactly the same as Lana Turner! Oh, my Lord, how come I know this stuff? Oh yes -- I was around, back then.
    And also yes - Zsa Zsa Gabor was married nine times. Once to Conrad Hilton, father (from his first marriage) of Elizabeth Taylor's first husband, Nicky Hilton.

    J.
    Last edited by Johann; 02-27-2017 at 02:01 PM.

  18. #16
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Ah yes - Elizabeth Taylor Hilton Wilding Todd Fisher Burton Burton Warner Fortensky! 7 husbands, one of them twice. Exactly the same as Lana Turner! Oh, my Lord, how come I know this stuff? Oh yes -- I was around, back then.

    J.
    As a boy, I used to watch the old black and white reruns, and I especially loved the Marilyn Monroe movies. I feel in love with Marilyn! She had a classic beauty to her. She had the curves of this lovely woman by the name of Irish Chacon. But I won't post her video here because she was quite naughty (liked to wear thongs).
    XVI.8: Confucius said, "There are three things of which the superior man stand in awe. He stands in awe of the ordinances of Heaven. He stands in awe of great men. He stands in awe of the words of the sages. The mean man does not know the ordinances of Heaven, and consequently does not stand in awe of them. He is disrespectful to great men. He makes sport of the words of the sages."

Similar Threads

  1. University Of Phoenix
    By Vinipink in forum Off-Topic Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 05:23 PM
  2. University of Phoenix / DBA or PhD
    By dougbali in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 05:30 PM
  3. UOP , University of Phoenix !
    By kelyaivo in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2004, 05:49 AM
  4. University of Phoenix
    By me again in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-27-2003, 01:21 AM
  5. University of Phoenix
    By DCross in forum Off-Topic Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-14-2002, 12:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197