+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 21
  1. #1
    b4cz28 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,820

    LBU Prez fake degree?

    I see the LBU President is claiming a PhD degree from Holy Trinity Seminary. Louisiana Baptist University & Seminary

    I thought they did not issues degrees? Holy Trinity Seminary

    Is there another HTS?
    The Bible

  2. #2
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,323
    from the Wiki: "Before being ordained as a priest, seminarians who reside at Holy Trinity Seminary must graduate from the University of Dallas with a degree in Philosophy and Letters that is specifically designed for seminarians and their later priestly duties in managing a parish and attending to the spiritual needs of parishioners. Holy Trinity Seminary does not itself grant degrees, but rather serves as a residence for seminarians as they take classes at the neighboring academic campus of the University of Dallas."

    So there are degrees for HTS (Dallas) grads - but, strictly-speaking, from the "mother school."

    And yes - there are two other similarly-named schools. There's Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary in Jordanville NY and Holy Trinity College and Seminary in New Port Richey FL.

    For a guy who (you say) knows nothing about Christianity, because he's not a Christian, I'm batting 1000 today, it seems!

    J.
    Last edited by Johann; 02-19-2017 at 10:42 AM.

  3. #3
    b4cz28 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    from the Wiki: "Before being ordained as a priest, seminarians who reside at Holy Trinity Seminary must graduate from the University of Dallas with a degree in Philosophy and Letters that is specifically designed for seminarians and their later priestly duties in managing a parish and attending to the spiritual needs of parishioners. Holy Trinity Seminary does not itself grant degrees, but rather serves as a residence for seminarians as they take classes at the neighboring academic campus of the University of Dallas."

    So there are degrees for HTS (Dallas) grads - but, strictly-speaking, from the "mother school."

    And yes - there are two other similarly-named schools. There's Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary in Jordanville NY and Holy Trinity College and Seminary in New Port Richey FL.

    For a guy who (you say) knows nothing about Christianity, because he's not a Christian, I'm batting 1000 today, it seems!

    J.

    Well its still seems you don't know anything ! Those school have different names, similar is not the same lol.

    All joking aside the degree would be from Dallas not HTS right? I wonder about his undergrad degrees.
    The Bible

  4. #4
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,323
    And the Pres. of LBU may well be a grad. of one of the other HTS schools - not Dallas. Why? HTS Dallas is for education of Catholic priests and LBU is - what else? - Baptist.

    J.

  5. #5
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,323
    Quote Originally Posted by b4cz28
    Well its still seems you don't know anything ! Those school have different names, similar is not the same lol.
    Your clumsy attempt at insult is noted - and not appreciated.

    I am aware that SIMILAR is not IDENTICAL. That's why I said the school names are SIMILAR. I could find none that was IDENTICAL - or I would have said so.

    J.

  6. #6
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,323
    The wiki on LBU says the Pres. "does not have a doctorate from an accredited school" and goes on with the info that b4cz28 wrote about HTS in Dallas not awarding degrees. OK - but I just can't see a Catholic Priest (which HTS Dallas trains, exclusively) becoming Pres. of a Baptist school.

    So - I DID find this Holy Trinity - <b><Holy Trinity College and Seminary></b> . Definitely not Catholic. Also, does not award PhD. as far as I know. But it does award other doctorates.

    OML! I haven't seen an Angelfire site in years! I have no idea whether this is the HTS in question. I looked hard... couldn't find out.

    J.
    Last edited by Johann; 02-19-2017 at 11:21 AM.

  7. #7
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,323
    LBU is an unaccredited school (religious exemption) - so it can basically employ whomever it wants. People have been talking in forums forever about LBU faculty & staff with unaccredited degrees. I could cite a dozen threads at least, going as far back as 2002. Might be some classic posts from Dr. Steve Levicoff there...

    If the Pres. of this school says he's got a PhD. - he probably has - from somewhere. What does it matter? The school enjoys State religious exemption. That means it can do/say/employ as it sees fit - within reason, of course.

    J.
    Last edited by Johann; 02-19-2017 at 11:45 AM.

  8. Advertisement

  9. #8
    Bruce is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    9,475
    It seems as though ALL of Mr. Weaver's degrees are suspect. I couldn't locate the source of his B.A., M.Th. and Th.D., the "Eastern Baptist Institute", his D.Min. is from LBU under its former name (Baptist Christian University), and the Ph.D. is well covered in this thread.

    I will say that LBU doesn't look at all like a diploma mill to me; they're upfront about their unaccredited status, and their physical facilities look impressive from the photos on their website. As the old saying goes, if an unaccredited degree will meet your current & future needs, LBU may be a good option.

    Steve Levicoff coming off the top rope in 5...4...3...
    --
    Bruce Tait
    A.S. (Criminal Justice) Quincy College
    B.A. (Criminal Justice) Curry College
    M.A. (Criminal Justice) University of Massachusetts-Lowell
    M.A. (Forensic & Counseling Psychology) Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology
    Certificate (Investigative Psychology) CUNY-John Jay College of Criminal Justice

    MOOC's
    Certificate (Disability Awareness and Support in Higher Education) University of Pittsburgh
    Certificate (International Criminal Law) Case Western Reserve University
    Certificate (Psychology of Criminal Justice) University of Queensland
    Certificate (Classical Sociological Theory) University of Amsterdam



    RA Criminal Justice Degrees by Distance Learning - Updated 3/16/08

    NA Criminal Justice Degrees by Distance Learning - Updated 3/20/08

  10. #9
    b4cz28 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Your clumsy attempt at insult is noted - and not appreciated.

    I am aware that SIMILAR is not IDENTICAL. That's why I said the school names are SIMILAR. I could find none that was IDENTICAL - or I would have said so.

    J.
    Stop being a clown you simple fool. You are nothing but a two bit internet warrior. Come to my thread and trash talk me? Get a life. See, if I wanted to insult you I'd have zero problems doing it you white trash.

    I was being nice.
    The Bible

  11. #10
    b4cz28 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by b4cz28 View Post
    Stop being a clown you simple fool. You are nothing but a two bit internet warrior. Come to my thread and trash talk me? Get a life. See, if I wanted to insult you I'd have zero problems doing it you white trash.

    I was being nice.
    That's was not insulting personally, just an example what me insulting you would look like so next time you can tell the difference! I was truly being funny, or at least trying to .
    The Bible

  12. #11
    SteveFoerster is offline Resident Gadfly
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia & Dominica, West Indies
    Posts
    10,853
    Quote Originally Posted by b4cz28 View Post
    Stop being a clown you simple fool. You are nothing but a two bit internet warrior. Come to my thread and trash talk me? Get a life. See, if I wanted to insult you I'd have zero problems doing it you white trash.

    I was being nice.
    Would any mods care to do their jobs here?
    BS, Info Sys concentration, Charter Oak State College
    MA in Educational Tech, George Washington University
    PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
    More at http://stevefoerster.com

  13. #12
    b4cz28 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFoerster View Post
    Would any mods care to do their jobs here?
    Why? I was merely showing what me insulting someone looks like so we'd have no confusion.
    The Bible

  14. #13
    Abner is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    7,426
    Quote Originally Posted by b4cz28 View Post
    That's was not insulting personally, just an example what me insulting you would look like so next time you can tell the difference! I was truly being funny, or at least trying to .
    How dare you call Johann, as very well respected long time member "white trash". Save me your "it was just a joke" nonsense. Now, once again, do not speak to me, because like i said before, I will not answer.
    XVI.8: Confucius said, "There are three things of which the superior man stand in awe. He stands in awe of the ordinances of Heaven. He stands in awe of great men. He stands in awe of the words of the sages. The mean man does not know the ordinances of Heaven, and consequently does not stand in awe of them. He is disrespectful to great men. He makes sport of the words of the sages."

  15. #14
    Kizmet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    between the devil and the deep blue sea
    Posts
    15,149
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFoerster View Post
    Would any mods care to do their jobs here?
    Since Mods do not read every thread it is most helpful if members will send a notification when they have a concern. Thanks to the member who did so.
    I'm not really banning anyone, I'm just showing you what it looks like when I really ban someone. It's just practice. About 2 weeks of practice.
    American College of Sports Medicine

  16. Advertisement

  17. #15
    SteveFoerster is offline Resident Gadfly
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia & Dominica, West Indies
    Posts
    10,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet View Post
    Since Mods do not read every thread it is most helpful if members will send a notification when they have a concern. Thanks to the member who did so.
    Fair enough. I guess I just think of you all as always here, but you're quite right there's a procedure for that.

    I'm not really banning anyone, I'm just showing you what it looks like when I really ban someone. It's just practice. About 2 weeks of practice.
    Thank you.
    BS, Info Sys concentration, Charter Oak State College
    MA in Educational Tech, George Washington University
    PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
    More at http://stevefoerster.com

  18. #16
    Kizmet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    between the devil and the deep blue sea
    Posts
    15,149
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFoerster View Post
    I guess I just think of you all as always here, but you're quite right there's a procedure for that.
    Here's the thing. One of the minions was tidying up around the palace and wrapped the Crown of Omnipresence in the Cloak of Invisibility and now I can't find it anywhere. I suppose I'll trip over it sooner or later.

    http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20120318040250
    Last edited by Kizmet; 02-20-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    American College of Sports Medicine

Similar Threads

  1. Rose Donatelli Claims her Fake Degree Isn't Fake
    By Chip in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-17-2012, 11:08 AM
  2. Taft University Prez Wins Board of Education Seat
    By Randy Miller in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 12:25 PM
  3. "No confidence" in Harvard Prez Summers-what next?
    By Orson in forum Off-Topic Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 05:04 PM
  4. Our Next Prez?
    By BLD in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 11:02 AM
  5. I Have A Fake Degree!!!!
    By George Brown in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2002, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15