+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 112
  1. #1
    mbwa shenzi is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On my way to Zilimadjou
    Posts
    369

    Atlantic International University

    Atlantic International University is now listed as a member institution by ASIC, Accreditation Services for International Schools, Colleges and Universities, United Kingdom. Member institutions are not accredited by ASIC as they have not gone through the accreditation process.
    Character be like belle, una no fit hide am forever.

  2. #2
    John Bear is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The bluest city in the bluest state
    Posts
    6,171
    Another geographical curiosity: Atlantic International, with an address in Hawaii.

    At one time, they claimed their accreditation from the dreadful and unrecognized "Accrediting Commission International" formerly of Beebe, Arkansas.

    Perhaps someone with better search skills than I can learn something about what one finds at their campus address, 900 Fort Street Mall, #40, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813.
    Author/co-author:15 editions of Bears Guide to Earning Degrees by Distance Learning (10 Speed Press/Random House)
    Degree Mills: the billion-dollar industry that has sold more than a million fake diplomas (Prometheus Books)
    Finding Money for College,
    Send This Jerk the Bedbug Letter,
    Computer Wimp,
    How to Repair Food, and dozens more.
    B.A., M.J., University of California Berkeley; Ph.D. Michigan State University

  3. #3
    Bruce is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    9,475
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bear View Post
    Perhaps someone with better search skills than I can learn something about what one finds at their campus address, 900 Fort Street Mall, #40, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813.
    It appears to be a multi-use high rise building;

    900 Fort Street Mall, Honolulu, HI, 96813 - Office Building Property for Lease on LoopNet.com

    The Plaza Club*Directions View
    --
    Bruce Tait
    A.S. (Criminal Justice) Quincy College
    B.A. (Criminal Justice) Curry College
    M.A. (Criminal Justice) University of Massachusetts-Lowell
    M.A. (Forensic & Counseling Psychology) Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology
    Certificate (Investigative Psychology) CUNY-John Jay College of Criminal Justice

    MOOC's
    Certificate (Disability Awareness and Support in Higher Education) University of Pittsburgh
    Certificate (International Criminal Law) Case Western Reserve University
    Certificate (Psychology of Criminal Justice) University of Queensland
    Certificate (Classical Sociological Theory) University of Amsterdam



    RA Criminal Justice Degrees by Distance Learning - Updated 3/16/08

    NA Criminal Justice Degrees by Distance Learning - Updated 3/20/08

  4. #4
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,317
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bear View Post
    At one time, they claimed their accreditation from the dreadful and unrecognized "Accrediting Commission International" formerly of Beebe, Arkansas.
    According to their current page, they still claim ACI accreditation:

    "AIU has chosen private accreditation through the Accrediting Commission International (ACI) which is an independent agency and not regulated or approved by the US Department of Education..."

    J.

  5. #5
    John Bear is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The bluest city in the bluest state
    Posts
    6,171
    That means I can mention, as I do every few years, my article for University Business Magazine, entitled "Great Moments in Accreditation: The Case of IAC, ACI, and The Three Stooges" http://tinyurl.com/y9txbpg

    I should also mention that Dr. John Scheel, founder of ACI, publicly called me a liar for stating the information in that article: that ACI offered instant accreditation to all members of the disgraced IAC. When I posted a copy of Scheel's letter of 12/22/88, making that offer to all IAC school, he stopped calling me a liar (as far as I know).
    Author/co-author:15 editions of Bears Guide to Earning Degrees by Distance Learning (10 Speed Press/Random House)
    Degree Mills: the billion-dollar industry that has sold more than a million fake diplomas (Prometheus Books)
    Finding Money for College,
    Send This Jerk the Bedbug Letter,
    Computer Wimp,
    How to Repair Food, and dozens more.
    B.A., M.J., University of California Berkeley; Ph.D. Michigan State University

  6. #6
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,317
    That article is a true classic, Dr. Bear. It is well worth a periodic re-read. Things like that should never be forgotten.

    J.

    "The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interrèd with their bones." - Shakespeare, Julius Caesar.
    Last edited by Johann; 09-30-2015 at 01:58 PM.

  7. #7
    Kizmet is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    between the devil and the deep blue sea
    Posts
    15,124
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bear View Post
    he stopped calling me a liar (as far as I know).
    He may have stopped calling you a liar but I'll bet he started calling you something else.

  8. Advertisement

  9. #8
    Michigan68 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by mbwa shenzi View Post
    Atlantic International University is now listed as a member institution by ASIC, Accreditation Services for International Schools, Colleges and Universities, United Kingdom. Member institutions are not accredited by ASIC as they have not gone through the accreditation process.

    Actually, AIU received full ASIC Accreditation yesterday.

  10. #9
    ntzanza is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    15
    Why are people always like to confuse themselves and others. Why don't you support hardworking universities such as Atlantic International University.
    This University has been accredited by ASIC. Please inquire and stop writing nonsense!

  11. #10
    Rich Douglas is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    11,356
    Quote Originally Posted by ntzanza View Post
    Why are people always like to confuse themselves and others. Why don't you support hardworking universities such as Atlantic International University.
    This University has been accredited by ASIC. Please inquire and stop writing nonsense!
    ASIC accreditation is meaningless as it applies to whether or not a school is considered a university and whether or not the degrees it issues will be considered comparable to those issued by other, properly recognized, universities.

  12. #11
    John Bear is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The bluest city in the bluest state
    Posts
    6,171
    Dear ntzanza

    You write, "Why are people always like to confuse themselves..."

    Dear N T Zanza
    Why indeed. Since the Zanza software company runs on Microsoft NT, I deduce that you are writing from that company. Is that correct? Are you writing in an official capacity as a spokesperson for the company? Are you perhaps the person initialed E.Y. or P.C.? Are Atlantic International degrees accepted at Zanza? Do you have one? Just curious. Thank you.

  13. #12
    mbwa shenzi is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On my way to Zilimadjou
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by ntzanza View Post
    Why are people always like to confuse themselves and others. Why don't you support hardworking universities such as Atlantic International University.
    This University has been accredited by ASIC. Please inquire and stop writing nonsense!
    I see this thread now has its own 'surprises'. ASIC neither validates nor confers degree-awarding powers, according to ASIC itself. Among the hardworking universities with ASIC accreditation we now find Akamai University, American Liberty University , Hasaca National University, the University of America, the University of Science, Arts and Technology, Warnborough, Horizons University to mention but a few. Paramount California University was accredited for a short while and then imploded or something. ASIC works with organisations like QISAN, the Quality International Study Abroad Network, and ASIQUAL. I'd recommend you to inquire about those, ntzanza, it's quite interesting. Not to mention ASIC's global licensing initiative, see asiclicense dot info.
    Character be like belle, una no fit hide am forever.

  14. #13
    novadar is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by mbwa shenzi View Post
    I see this thread now has its own 'surprises'. ASIC neither validates nor confers degree-awarding powers, according to ASIC itself. Among the hardworking universities with ASIC accreditation we now find Akamai University, American Liberty University, Hasaca National University, the University of America, the University of Science, Arts and Technology, Warnborough, Horizons University to mention but a few. Paramount California University was accredited for a short while and then imploded or something. ASIC works with organisations like QISAN, the Quality International Study Abroad Network, and ASIQUAL. I'd recommend you to inquire about those, ntzanza, it's quite interesting. Not to mention ASIC's global licensing initiative, see asiclicense dot info.
    Off track: mbwa shenzi, what does your signature mean? "Character be like belle, una no fit hide am forever": I tried to find it on the inter-webs and found only a reference to a Nigerian Proverb.

    Funny Pidgin Proverbs - Culture - Nigeria

    Just curious. Thanksl
    -------

  15. #14
    Johann is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,317
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bear View Post
    Why indeed. Since the Zanza software company runs on Microsoft NT, I deduce that you are writing from that company. Is that correct?
    Dr. Bear, I hope this person will reply to you -- but one can never be sure. In the meantime, Google informs me that Ntzanza appears to be a valid surname in South Africa. Not common (on the Internet, anyway) but at least known. So -- that increases the possibilities. Makes it interesting.

    J.

    Tout le monde hate me, wey I don't know pourquoi. (Cameroon).
    Last edited by Johann; 10-04-2015 at 11:14 AM.

  16. Advertisement

  17. #15
    mbwa shenzi is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On my way to Zilimadjou
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by novadar View Post
    Off track: mbwa shenzi, what does your signature mean? "Character be like belle, una no fit hide am forever"l
    Oh, it's just a proverb in Nigerian Pidgin: it translates as "character is like a belly, you can't hide it forever".
    Character be like belle, una no fit hide am forever.

  18. #16
    novadar is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by mbwa shenzi View Post
    Oh, it's just a proverb in Nigerian Pidgin: it translates as "character is like a belly, you can't hide it forever".
    Thanks for the update. It's kinda funny and true! LOL.
    -------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Atlantic International University
    By ryan in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 03:35 PM
  2. atlantic international university
    By jacktan in forum Accreditation Discussions (RA, DETC, state approval, and unaccredited schools)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 06:13 PM
  3. Atlantic International University
    By amolkom68 in forum Accreditation Discussions (RA, DETC, state approval, and unaccredited schools)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-22-2003, 06:31 AM
  4. Atlantic International University
    By kevin in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2002, 01:08 AM
  5. Atlantic International University
    By Moheb in forum General Distance Learning Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-27-2002, 01:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197